Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unworn vintage Woolrich heavy shirt

PennaWool

New in Town
For my first post I wanted it to be something worthwhile. Hopefully this heavy wool shirt hits the mark. As a collector of Woolrich outerwear, as soon as I saw it, I had to have it. I would love to know the story of how a shirt from the 1950s or 1960s was purchased and never even worn once. The tags and wash instructions in the pocket are so fun and unique to look at. It still had the original pin at the bottom of the shirt holding it together. I’ve never come across this pattern before and it is a size 17 which is also very uncommon. I’m torn as to whether I will wear it or display it, but I am leaning towards using it carefully. The moths did munch a couple thin spots unfortunately, but otherwise it is in perfect new condition. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
168E6C99-A203-43B4-BBC0-8D22886D7836.jpeg

4E3CCD28-AE22-4A0D-9081-7A1D83C0B7B8.jpeg
1A19C296-3444-4490-8DBF-2967F73042CD.jpeg

harrier1022

New in Town
This shirt is from between the late 1940s and early-mid 1950s. The buttons are awesome on this. I have a few shirts like this that are brand new with tags from the same era and wonder to how a new shirt at the time was never worn. People back then used their stuff and often used it hard! I love my Woolrich shirts for all things outdoors. I have a collection in a number of storage totes that are new items going back to the 30s in a plethora of varieties. Very cool stuff from a now very different company. I visited there in 2019 before things really started to change and even spoke with a customer service rep over the phone in 2018 who was the there since she graduated high school. She sent me a Woolrich book on their history and some original Hunt Coat buttons as a kind gesture. Pretty neat stuff!

TLW '90

Practically Family
Awesome find, I'd definitely wear it if it were mine.
They're not making a lot of wool like they used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner