Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

updates, please, on PrinceHenry/OnlineSuits: quality, safety, alternatives....?

KinKansai

New in Town
I am aware that people have had both positive and negative experiences with PrinceHenry.biz/OnlineSuits.com in the past. However, when I search for information online, almost all reviews are from 7-10 years ago. If anyone has had more recent experience with PrinceHenry/OnlineSuits, please post here. I am interested in hearing about quality, but also safety of credit card transactions, service, etc.

My current situation: I am looking for an overcoat. I live in Asia, have a low income, am very large, and want to find something traditional-looking, not faddish and peacoat-ish. (Recently, almost all the affordable coats in the USA are too short and not elegant. I can't find anything within my budget locally, and when I tried to order from US Amazon, it had a large import surcharge in addition to the questionable quality. So, I am considering using PrinceHenry/OnlineSuits.... It is reasonable enough that I would have ordered already, but I am a little uncomfortable with the apparent security of their websites for credit card purchases.

If anyone can relate good or bad experiences with this company, please post below. Or, if you can recommend another online MTM tailor in a similar price range, please post.

My prior experience: I discovered PrinceHenry/OnlineSuits around 2009. At that time, I ordered a shirt and trousers, just as an experiment. My experience at that time was that both fit exceptionally well. They remain the two best-fitting articles of clothing I have ever owned. However, the materials seemed rather cheap--I am not completely sure I got the textiles I ordered (although I ordered "Thai silk"--it just looked different from what I thought based on the photos). The craftsmanship of the trousers was fine. But the shirt had a crooked seam. The parts of the shirt that would show with a suit or sweater, however, looked just fine. If I could replicate my 2009 experience, I would definitely order an overcoat from them. But I am worried about (a) reports of clothing not fitting, and (b) possible credit card issues due to lack of proper security.

Thanks.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
If you are ever in Vietnam, custom tailors in Hoi An are excellent and inexpensive. Sorry no info on PrinceHenry.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You might want to take a look at Loden coats on Ebay. I've been wearing a Schneider's for many years on my winter travels and wouldn't be without it. Very stylish and warm, with a military look (check out Schneider's styles on Google). Landau's of Princeton also give you a nice description of the cloth (loden is a process that dates back to prehistory) and some of the styles. Best of luck.

Last edited:

KinKansai

New in Town
If you are ever in Vietnam, custom tailors in Hoi An are excellent and inexpensive. Sorry no info on PrinceHenry.
Do any have websites besides "adongsilk"? They are very cheap, and their website looks good, but they are not really very flexible as far as customization goes, and they don't have men's overcoats.

KinKansai

New in Town
You might want to take a look at Loden coats on Ebay. I've been wearing a Schneider's for many years on my winter travels and wouldn't be without it. Very stylish and warm, with a military look (check out Schneider's styles on Google). Landau's of Princeton also give you a nice description of the cloth (loden is a process that dates back to prehistory) and some of the styles. Best of luck.
Loden coats are great but not what I'm looking for.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Do any have websites besides "adongsilk"? They are very cheap, and their website looks good, but they are not really very flexible as far as customization goes, and they don't have men's overcoats.

No websites, I was there in person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112