Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic G8 Jacket and Cockpit Type 440 USN Carrier Jacket

Airborne

New in Town
Does anyone own any of these jackets and have pictures? They look to be the same model. US Authentic has a more competitive price for theirs and amazing customer service. I've been very happy with US Authentic. Can anyone speak to the quality of these jackets when compared?

thor

Call Me a Cab
I have 2 US Authentic G-8 jackets, one in seal brown goatskin and one in russet Horsehide. Both have been custom ordered with extra length, and an additional inside pocket. I’ve seen the Cockpit version in person and their goatskin feels more lightweight than the US A version, plus they do not offer customization.
I am VERY happy with my US Authentic G-8’s and highly recommend them.

Airborne

New in Town
Thor, what made you custom order your G8 jacket to add extra length? How tall are you? I'm 6ft. Shaul recommended a 40R as a trial. I bought a custom A2 horsehide from him before, but honestly, I don't have the money to be fully comfortable buying it. I kind of have a cap of 600 dollars for my jackets. Anything higher I wouldn't even be comfortable wearing it. Just my personality.

thor

Call Me a Cab
I’m 6’ 1” with wide shoulders and long arms; I also love to have at least 2 inside pockets so custom was the way to go. Both my US A G-8’s fit like a glove and are well worth the cost. Impeccable workmanship and super fast delivery for a custom made jacket (arrived 2 days after I placed the order!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails