Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Authentic Indy

Banzai

Familiar Face
Does anyone own one?

Comments on fit, quality, etc? Pictures?

Trying to narrow this down, and while everyone knows the G&B Expedition, no one seems to have actually worn the Flightjacket.com / US Authentic version.

Not really popular here. There's another forum where there's lots of talk about such things - it's called "COW" but I for the life of me don't remember the actual name/url...
I'm sure someone here will help me on that.

Banzai

Familiar Face
COW seems to mainly be concerned with discussing Peter Botwright and Wested. Mention of other jacket makers appears to be verboten, to a degree.

Cautious praise for the G&B Expedition would seem to be acceptable there, provided enough space is dedicated to apologizing for the screen inaccuracies.

Just my impression on scanning through.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
COW like a range esp US Wings which are made by Schott. The Legend pattern is the one to get. Slimmer for, more accurate pattern. COW members developed the G&B.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
COW seems to mainly be concerned with discussing Peter Botwright and Wested. Mention of other jacket makers appears to be verboten, to a degree.

Cautious praise for the G&B Expedition would seem to be acceptable there, provided enough space is dedicated to apologizing for the screen inaccuracies.

Just my impression on scanning through.

Those jackets are mostly discussed because their products and prices are correct and a lot of people bought them.

But I know the members appreciated the other vendors too and endorse their products if they are good.

They were fine with the USW stuff and other vendors. I started out there looking for leather jacket info some years back...
It seems the best place for Indy type jacket talk/info.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Doe anyone have the URL for COW. Years ago I used to look at their website occasionally, although I don't recall ever posting there as I do virtually all of my trolling on the Lounge. :D

Banzai

Familiar Face
COW is nearly impossible to peruse now. Restricted access, need a paid email account to even register, etc.

US wings is out for two reasons. 1) because everything I've read about the fit and construction has been meh at best, and 2) because David Hack is a fraud whom I don't wish to support financially.

There's really very little out there on US Authentic's Indy.

I know that when comparing A2s, G&B tends to be voluminous in size (they allow for nearly 10" in the chest), and their non-repro models have a lot of synthetics.

But, G&B has a lot more net press, and incremental, if oversized, sizing.

Choices.

Banzai

Familiar Face
If you're going to call him a fraud, I'd post some citations. I had some really decent jackets from USW. Not top-shelf, but decent.
His jackets might be good. His military record, (upon which he markets himself), is, shall we say, over inflated. Much of this came out during his failed bid for public office.

He tried to sue the people who were questioning him, and then dropped the suits. He still markets himself the same way though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112