Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USAAF& USAF Cap blog

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A friend of mine at another forum is as interested as I am in caps worn by USAAF and USAF personnel. Thought this crowd might find it an interesting read. He has just started making some for himself, and you might like one yourself! I have a B-1 cap he gave me and I love it. Great for when the weather warms up.
http://usaafflightcaps.blogspot.com/

dean

Edward

Bartender
The two-tone B1 is an interesting design - I see echoes in it of my B2 cap with the earflaps in the folded-up position. I know these baseball-style caps aren't as popular in these parts as the crusher caps etc, but how common were they by comparison during the war?

deanglen

Edward, they were reasonably represented among the air crews. Don't exactly know how to quantify that, but photographic evidence abounds of their use. I love them and their uniqueness, a great cap alternative.

dean

deanglen

Here's my B-1 Dave made. I think it's very comfortable. And not a run of the mill ball cap.

387132_4499068161308_1090813775_n_zpsf35dab8c.jpg

dean

dmar836

New in Town
Dean, thanks for the kind words.
Edward, the B-1 was very common. If one does a search for, say, bomber crew pics the B-1 will be somewhere in most of them - summer or winter, ETO or Pacific.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner