Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USAF Korea War AREFS 903rd vinyl cap ( for your veiwing pleasure)

C.C. Benoit

Vendor
Greetings, I sold this cap last week. I thought it was only right i post the good memories here.
front view.jpeg
AREFS SIDE LOGO.jpeg
BC2BCBA3-EA6C-48DA-8798-7FFC7BB34C7A.jpeg
AACAEECA-67E5-4547-B3F9-2A243D416288 (1).jpeg
front view.jpeg
AREFS SIDE LOGO.jpeg
BC2BCBA3-EA6C-48DA-8798-7FFC7BB34C7A.jpeg
AACAEECA-67E5-4547-B3F9-2A243D416288 (1).jpeg

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vinyl? Never seen a cap light that before. From the colour and texture it reminds me of the old bowling ball bags from decades gone by. A little surprised something so bright came from the military. Can you give us a review? Was it like most man made materials? Hot in summer, cold in winter? I am surprised it didn’t crack with age. Must have been well protected. Inquiring minds want to know.
Johnny

C.C. Benoit

Vendor
Vinyl? Never seen a cap light that before. From the colour and texture it reminds me of the old bowling ball bags from decades gone by. A little surprised something so bright came from the military. Can you give us a review? Was it like most man made materials? Hot in summer, cold in winter? I am surprised it didn’t crack with age. Must have been well protected. Inquiring minds want to know.
Johnny
Hey Johnny , thanks for your reply, this cap was predated by the really intricate USAF Theatre japan made hats, The Bomber crews used to frequent these hand sewn shops on the Japan Islands and would have customized caps made for the entire squadron. Really detailed and beautifully made hats.Very similar to this 903rd cap. There are pics of them here on the Fedora Lounge somewhere. But this particular one i believe might was used by the ground crews. Its vinyl just like a bowling ball bag, and it is soiled. No cracks , i never tried to wash it.I can imagine it gets nasty in the summer. It is an odd material for a hat. When i did a search a whole bunch of them pop up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner