Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Used Aero jackets

andy richards

Practically Family
If the jacket is almost new it will go on eBay for about the same price when you bought it. If you bought your jacket before the price increase of Aero you might get the same price as you have bought it :) .
Aero buys their jackets back also, but selling it on eBay will give you a far better price.
Andy

Volpone

New in Town
Hello !

it seems like selling on ebay might be a tricky business ; I tried to sell my Highwayman there and the only offers I received were from some guys looking for bargains ( 200 GBP cannot be accepted for a jacket in very good condition, from my point of view ). Calling AERO and ask them for a offer or a trade is the best way to solve your problem.

Regards.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
If your Griz is new and unworn, I think it would be instructive to compare it to Aero's pricing on their sale jackets, which are basically new jackets that were returned by a customer as not fitting correctly. Aero seems to knock off 100 GBP from the price of a new, made-to-order jacket. While this obviously is not dispositive of your issue, I think it makes a good starting point.

Windward

Practically Family
This is for you - kyboots

kyboots said:
Yes I would love to buy a used Aero from someone. What do you have? I am around a 44-46. John

.... ask AERO for a 46" Windward in brown standard Horsehide with brown cotton drill, vintage brass zipper, extra leather facing onto the waistband excellent condition with lots of grains ;) - it could also could fit a 44" - maybe this is what you're looking for ... AERO's back on Monday from Hollyday ...

cheers
Windward

(I love this lounge . . . !)

Edward

Bartender
Better to sell used. Aero will typically offer you half of what you paid for it (whether from them or on the used market) - bear in mind that they are going to want to be selling it on, so for them to get the going market rate for a used jacket, they will need to buy it from you as a ways below that. Can't expect anything else, really - they are, after all, in business to make money. Of course, it might seem worth it to you to traded in with Aero if you see the lower price as worth it for the lack of hassle of having to sell it yourself, but I'd give it a go on here and/or eBay first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points