Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson C2 Fit

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is better than the brief bit of fit advice that you find with the description of the jacket but it does not come close to the size information that they used to offer prior to this website revamp. They provided shoulder, P2P, sleeve length, back length, waist circumference, etc. for every size in a given style.
The chart that you posted is fine for someone who has never purchased from Vanson and doesn’t know what jacket numbers suit them best but the old size chart was much more comprehensive and much more useful in my opinion.

Przemek

New in Town
Gentlemen, Vanson arrived yesterday.
Matching well in my opinion. I only have a t-shirt in the pictures, if there is a sweatshirt or sweater, it will be perfect.
Yesterday I got about 100 km on a bike in Vanson and I must say that the comfort is at the highest level.

upload_2021-8-13_12-25-0.jpeg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Gentlemen, Vanson arrived yesterday.
Matching well in my opinion. I only have a t-shirt in the pictures, if there is a sweatshirt or sweater, it will be perfect.
Yesterday I got about 100 km on a bike in Vanson and I must say that the comfort is at the highest level.

View attachment 353725 View attachment 353723 View attachment 353724

Very nice.
IMO the only jacket that is more comfortable than a Vanson on a bike is a Langlitz.
If a Vanson C2 is a 10/10 in comfort, a Langlitz Columbia goes to 11...

Przemek

New in Town
Looks like a great fit. I take it you went with the 42?
Yes I have 42. Only this size was available because it is a second-hand jacket but like brand new :)
I squashed it a bit and soaked it with water, then dressed it and went for a ride on the bike.
Thanks all for help to fit this jackets

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes I have 42. Only this size was available because it is a second-hand jacket but like brand new :)
I squashed it a bit and soaked it with water, then dressed it and went for a ride on the bike.
Thanks all for help to fit this jackets

Turned out very well, I think! You may have been able to squeeze into a 40, but body and arms would be too short for sure.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
hey pretty good. If you get it wet again, stick in the dryer for 15 minutes. That'll bring it down a touch. But I guess it depends on what you will wear underneath. The 40 I have might be sized a little different since it was made in early 1980s. It is about as tight as I can go but as you and Carlos mentioned, it is so damn comfortable. I think the split seam in the back, along with the gussets and the overall cut just come together for perfection. I'm 6'0 and 188lbs for reference.

XLSNTzE.jpg

realgone

Familiar Face
That is better than the brief bit of fit advice that you find with the description of the jacket but it does not come close to the size information that they used to offer prior to this website revamp. They provided shoulder, P2P, sleeve length, back length, waist circumference, etc. for every size in a given style.
The chart that you posted is fine for someone who has never purchased from Vanson and doesn’t know what jacket numbers suit them best but the old size chart was much more comprehensive and much more useful in my opinion.
I know this is an old thread, but I'm sure you'll still find this useful.
Bisontrading in Canada has that sizing chart on their site. I don't know how to screen shot it and post, but here's a link.
(disclaimer: never ordered from them or dealt with them, but they have great stuff listed)

https://www.bisontrading.ca/size-charts#Vanson Leathers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21