Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Highwayman Model E Size 42

JM7

One of the Regulars
Yes, it is, I paid just over $800 for it
I just checked Vanson's Website, It is Comp Weight with the Rayon lining, it was also $699 plus tax, here is a copy of what I'm seeing on their website
VansonHghwymnReceipt.jpg
VansonHghwymnReceipt.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Too small for me, but quite the sharp looking model E and I think I really like it without the epaulettes.
GLWS and hope the new owner is ready to break that beast in.

JM7

One of the Regulars
Too small for me, but quite the sharp looking model E and I think I really like it without the epaulettes.
GLWS and hope the new owner is ready to break that beast in.
Thank You !! Its an awesome jacket but at age 55, not sure I can pull off the cross zip look anymore

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Will someone please pick this up, so I can stop pretending I can squeeze myself into a 22 P2P…

JM7

One of the Regulars
Will someone please pick this up, so I can stop pretending I can squeeze myself into a 22 P2P…
Hey Tom71, the slim fit is really in right now !! Baggy is out. I may need to remeasure but I used a cloth tape. I would have to say that it should be very close to 22 P2P. Thank you for your response tho, I appreciate it . I may end up keeping it, I got on this forum a couple years ago and ended up with 6 leather jackets. LOL

abone

A-List Customer
The P2P pic you posted wasn’t positioned right, made it look like it it was 19.5. Take another crack at it, flatten the jacket as best you can and measure outside to outside right at the bottom of the arm hole if that makes sense. I’d think it would be 22.5?

JM7

One of the Regulars
The P2P pic you posted wasn’t positioned right, made it look like it it was 19.5. Take another crack at it, flatten the jacket as best you can and measure outside to outside right at the bottom of the arm hole if that makes sense. I’d think it would be 22.5?
Ok, Im going to do that right now, Ill post the pic, thank you !!

JM7

One of the Regulars
Ok, Im going to do that right now, Ill post the pic, thank you !!
I am not sure if Im measuring right, the armpit curves a little ,I hope the pic shows that, let me know if this looks more accurate and thank you for your help
P2P.jpg

JM7

One of the Regulars
Lowering price to $575, firm. Great jacket in new condition. I am also interested in trades, an Aero Halfbelt, Lost Worlds Suburban, Eastman Ostmann if anybody should have one

abone

A-List Customer
I am not sure if Im measuring right, the armpit curves a little ,I hope the pic shows that, let me know if this looks more accurate and thank you for your help View attachment 503664
I’m no expert on measuring jackets but I think the jacket is so damn thick it’s probably best to wrap that tape all the way around and see how it measures up. Vanson says 42 with 5” of ease equaling 47”. I bet you’d be close to that.
It’s a helluva deal for a virtually new E.

JM7

One of the Regulars
I’m no expert on measuring jackets but I think the jacket is so damn thick it’s probably best to wrap that tape all the way around and see how it measures up. Vanson says 42 with 5” of ease equaling 47”. I bet you’d be close to that.
It’s a helluva deal for a virtually new E.
I will def do that, I really appreciate your help. Do my measurements appear to be short of what they should be ? So, if I wrap the tape around and just below the pit, it should be between 42-47 ?

abone

A-List Customer
I will def do that, I really appreciate your help. Do my measurements appear to be short of what they should be ? So, if I wrap the tape around and just below the pit, it should be between 42-47 ?
I think that’s how Vanson do it but I’m not 100% sure. Lots of others on the forum will know….hopefully they’ll weigh in.
A Vanson dealer publish this on their website, it might help.

Attachments

• E2E99C74-5398-4A49-AF06-176820C51EC7.jpeg
    E2E99C74-5398-4A49-AF06-176820C51EC7.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

JM7

One of the Regulars
I think that’s how Vanson do it but I’m not 100% sure. Lots of others on the forum will know….hopefully they’ll weigh in.
A Vanson dealer publish this on their website, it might help.
It most certainly does, thank you !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ