Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson lead time

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Just as a quick side note, I received my jacket yesterday and have to say it is some of the toughest, thickest leather I have encountered. Having owned 2 Aero FQHH and 4 Schotts (not all at once), it's actually stiffer and seems thicker than the FQHH, and makes the Schotts feel like sweatshirt cotton. It's actually slightly uncomfortable at the moment, but it's sized just right so I'm looking forward to the break in process and eventually getting it to the point that it's reasonably comfortable. I also really like the fact that the leather is died black all the way through. My black Aero FQHH was showing brown after even the lightest of scratches. My fingernail could actually scrape the black dye right off fairly easily. I know some people like this trait, and this is even why the buy these jackets, but it was making me weary of making any contact with anything while wearing the jacket. This wont be a problem for me with the Vanson. The brass hardware also is a nice touch. Sorry to be slightly off track here, but I wanted to let you guys know you are getting one hell of a jacket! It feels like it will take forever to break in, but that's half the fun! Of course Boston is experiencing a rare October, potentially record breaking, heat wave this week o_O
Congrats LW !! Your gonna love it !!

TheChimp

New in Town
I got the Model B House.
It's my second Vanson, quality is as expected- top notch! I'll be listing my size 44 Comet for sale in the classifieds in the next day or two. My torso is a little long for a jacket cut like the Comet. Model B is perfect. Very happy with Vanson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner