Vanson Leather Jackets (very nice) size Large (L) and 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by gtrplyr, Feb 28, 2020.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr One of the Regulars

I am reducing my collection and letting go of a few jackets that I do not wear. All the jackets are in very nice condition. Barely worn, from a smoke free home, no stains, rips, or problems (but I have to say that they have been worn so there might be a fingernail mark or something I missed). Please review pics and feel free to ask any questions. All prices include shipping to 48-USA with payment made thru PayPal (buyer covers fees). I have tried to supply lots of measurements so you can make a well informed purchase.

Respectfully,
    GtrPlyr

1. Vanson LeftField NYC exclusive Commando in size large (L). Jacket is made of Vanson's Z150 which is very smooth and just slightly less weight than their competition weight. This jacket runs a bit long to cover your backside if worn on a motorcycle. The only thing I can see on this jacket is a very small mark on the left upper lapel (when viewing), which is documented in photos. D-pocket is leather lined and the hand warmer is lined with the same lining as the body of the jacket. Very cool jacket that are very limited. Retail: $850. Selling: $595

Commando measurements:
    Pit-to-Pit: 23.5" comfortably (24" when pulled tight)
    Sleeve length: 26" following curve, 25.5" straight down from shoulder seam.
    Waist / hip: 21"
    Back length: 28" (base of collar down)
    Front Length: 26" from center of shoulder to bottom of jacket

2. SOLD! Vanson Comet.

3. Vanson CHP (also referred to as CHP2, MK2, California HWY Patrol) in size 44. Made from Vanson's competition weight leather. Belt loops professionally deleted for cleaner look. This is a beautiful jacket, nice and heavy leather but not cardboard like some competition weight leather can be. This jacket as so little wear time that it still needs to be broken in. This jacket has adjustable laces on the sides so the waist fits a range of sizes. The male side of the zipper has a bit of wear on the plastic, tape and metal are all fine (can be seen in pic). Retail $749. Selling: $395

CHP measurements:
    Pit-to-Pit: 24" comfortably
    Sleeve length: 25.5" straight down (26" following curve)
    Back length: 26.8" (just shy of 27" from base of collar to bottom of jacket)
    Front length: 25.5" (from center of should to bottom of jacket)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    steve u, ton312 and Kuro like this.
  2. gtrplyr

Images of Comet

Attached Files:

3. gtrplyr

Images of CHP

Attached Files:

4. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

I would like to know shoulder seam to seam on both comet and chp, as well as weight of both jacket. Thanks

5. gtrplyr

Shoulder seam... I knew I forgot something... LOL!

All measurements are straight across (not following curve). Since the CHP and Commando have action backs / gussets I'm including the inside measurement (the action back / gusset), and the actual shoulder seam.

CHP: 18.5" (action back), 19.75" (shoulder)
    Commando: 18" (gussets), 19.5" (shoulder)
    Comet: 20" (not action back)

Unfortunately I don't have a scale that would allow me to accurately measure these. I guess unless I wore them on my bathroom scale... LOL! Hope this help!

6. Kuro

Kuro A-List Customer

I have always enjoyed those LeftField jackets! Good luck with your sale!

gtrplyr likes this.
  7. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

Is this a stock comet? Did vanson offers long version comet too?

8. gtrplyr

I'm not 100% sure. I found this Comet at Croixland Leather Works in Osceola Wisconsin on a road trip. All the Comets I had seen before were 23.5-24" in length and therefore were too short for me (5'11"). Croixland does upcharge for these at $529, so they may be a custom order, or simply a mistake (a good one if so). This is not the PLU3 sold by Thurston Bros which for me would be too long for this style of jacket. I have owned 11 (or 12) Vansons over the years and this is one of the most supple for comp weight leather.

9. gtrplyr

10. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

It wi be very helpful for me to get the weight of the jacket, my bathroom scale is accurate as my fish scale.
    My guess would be Comet weight 5 lbs and mk2 around 6 lbs.

11. gtrplyr

You're very close from what I can see on a cheap bathroom scale. The Comet is a bit over 5lbs, but just under 5 1/2lbs. The CHP and Commando are about 6lbs (maybe an ounce or two less).

12. Hitchet

Hitchet New in Town

How do you feel the Comet fits you length wise? I'm slightly taller than you but I'm very interested since it's a longer model than standard, which is too short for me for sure.

13. gtrplyr

It fits me fine given my body portions (torso and leg lengths). Depending on the rise of my jeans (normally wear Levi’s 505), the front of the jacket comes to the bottom of my belt (or sometimes mid way). Back covers belt. Due to the inconsistency of jeans I’m usually around a 32-33” inseam (rarely 34”). Hope that helps.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  14. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

How's the sleeve lengths on Chp compare to your Model B and Comet? Can you elaborate that?

15. gtrplyr

I don’t own the B anymore, but I’d say they’re all close to the same, but given that the Comet has an extra 1/4” in both sides of the shoulders to make up for no action back that causes the sleeves to seem a touch lower. I wear a 34/35 dress shirt and need the full 35 because I have longer arms. All of these jackets extend beyond my wrist bone when unzipped. Obviously, all our bodies are shaped different so that is how they fit me.

16. gtrplyr

Comet sold!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  17. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I wish you’d listed these last summer as I would have bought the Commando in an instant! I now have one of my own though and I can say without a doubt this is my best fitting cross zip and also the nicest Vanson I have seen or handled. Good luck with the sale!

gtrplyr and JMax like this.
  18. gtrplyr

I agree that the Commando has the nicest leather of any Vanson I had ever seen. I’d say it’s nicer than any Langlitz, Lost World or others I’ve had in the past. If I wore it more I’d keep it.

El Marro likes this.
  19. gtrplyr

Bump for price drop. Killer deals on great jackets.

20. gtrplyr

I would be willing to work out a deal to trade for a Lost Worlds Inc Buco Rider (cafe style with d-pocket), if the measurements work. A Vanson anniversary jacket (Vanson’s take on J100) without any lettering would be another consideration.