Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Model B's: Do they run large or small or dead on?

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Just curious. I'm thinking of ordering a Model B from Vanson. I had to return my Size 46 Vanson Lightning. With all of the hard armor in it, it was too small. My chest measures 46 and I am 5"11 and weigh 205 pounds.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I had one, and it was snug, but not tight. Here's my thread about it: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?50880-My-new-(to-me)-Vanson-Model-B-in-brown!!&highlight= For comparison, here is the thread about my Enfield: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?55253-Vanson-Enfield-in-Cordovan-Horsehide-pics!&highlight=

Vansons vary a lot in sizing - the Comet runs small, the Model B is in he middle (in my opinion), and the Enfield is similar, maybe a bit more loose around the middle.

I have owned 2 Vansons (a model B and an Enfield, both size 44) and sold them both - they were great jackets but I never liked the way they fit me - snug in the shoulders, bigger in the body. They just looked weird on me in my opinion.

Last edited:

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Question for Jimmer

Do you have a 44 chest size? Do you normally wear a 44 in other brands? I'm trying to figure out if Vanson Model B's run big or small or right on the money. If you are normally a 44 then I would say they run a little small, in which case I should get a 46 since I have a 46 chest size. Thanks for responding so quick!

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Question for Jimmer

Whoops. Accidental duplicate deleted. The server hiccuped.

Last edited:

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I had a model B in a 46 and I would say it ran a touch small in the chest. The main problem for me was to get the chest and shoulders to fit the arms were like monkey arms on me (you're taller so not a problem for you), and it was too roomy in the stomach even with the buckled completely cinched in the back. It also had a weird look on me, I had a shaved head at the time and when zipped up I looked like Dr. Evil.

I believe the Model B is made in El Salvidor not USA if that matters to you.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I am a 44 - my chest measures around 43.5" and my true waist is around 37" (I wear size 36 in pants and jeans). What is your waist size? I think your biggest problem will be the shoulders and the fact that this particular jacket doesn't taper much to the waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay