Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson model F sz. 42” tobacco leaf brown

Not sure this will appeal to the crowd but it truly is a beautiful Vanson! I’m on a different trip now. This one needs to go. I conditioned it with Obernaufs and hit it with Urad dark brown. After a good buffing out the result is a truly beautiful tobacco leaf color. Nice grainy comp weight. Talon main zip. The chest and pocket pulls are a mixed bag of teardrops (I had to replace one side).
Asking $250 shipped conus.
IMG_5693.jpeg
IMG_5694.jpeg

IMG_5695.jpeg
IMG_5696.jpeg

Measurements:
IMG_5717.jpeg
IMG_5718.jpeg
IMG_5719.jpeg
IMG_5720.jpeg

Fit photo 5’11 205lbs
IMG_5688.jpeg

And before the usual commentary, let me just say…..
IMG_5721.jpeg

Last edited:

jkoj

Familiar Face
Oh it fits like a 40. I’m the one that sold it to Tony. Damn, I should buy it back.

Attachments

• IMG_8026.png
    IMG_8026.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 73

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I actually have the same jacket in the same size. The jacket is heavy and the leather is very supple. For the price is a very good deal. In my view, the 42 runs a little on the bigger side.

Nacho

Practically Family
Beautiful dye job, Ton.

Did you just use Obernauf to darken and URAD to seal the finish?

And what's the original color of the jacket if you don't mind me asking? Dog turd brown? lol

Nacho

Practically Family
Yep. Obernaufs and dark brown Urad. Dog turd indeed. Sun baked in fact. The one that hid in the yard from May to August!
Turned into a beautiful Mahogany!
View attachment 520856
View attachment 520857
Haha thanks Ton. Nothing like a beautiful mahogany jacket.

Did you use the liquid leather oil Obernaufs or the paste Obernaufs LP? I have the former and I find that it doesn't darken the leather that much. And the leather tends to fade back to the original color after a while.

Also, did you wait for a few days to a week before applying the URAD?

I have a light brown half belt and was thinking of giving it a dye job like yours.

Thanks again for your time.

Haha thanks Ton. Nothing like a beautiful mahogany jacket.

Did you use the liquid leather oil Obernaufs or the paste Obernaufs LP? I have the former and I find that it doesn't darken the leather that much. And the leather tends to fade back to the original color after a while.

Also, did you wait for a few days to a week before applying the URAD?

I have a light brown half belt and was thinking of giving it a dye job like yours.

Thanks again for your time.
I used the oil. It does the same thing. Initially very dark, gently fades back. I did wait a day for the Urad application. I consider this more a restore to color than dye in this case. Originally the jacket was a darker brown, but sun faded to tan.

Nacho

Practically Family
I used the oil. It does the same thing. Initially very dark, gently fades back. I did wait a day for the Urad application. I consider this more a restore to color than dye in this case. Originally the jacket was a darker brown, but sun faded to tan.
I see. Thanks again Ton.

hotrodorpheus

New in Town
Not sure this will appeal to the crowd but it truly is a beautiful Vanson! I’m on a different trip now. This one needs to go. I conditioned it with Obernaufs and hit it with Urad dark brown. After a good buffing out the result is a truly beautiful tobacco leaf color. Nice grainy comp weight. Talon main zip. The chest and pocket pulls are a mixed bag of teardrops (I had to replace one side).
Asking $250 shipped conus.
View attachment 520781 View attachment 520782
View attachment 520783 View attachment 520784
Measurements:
View attachment 520786 View attachment 520787 View attachment 520788 View attachment 520789
Fit photo 5’11 205lbs
View attachment 520791
And before the usual commentary, let me just say…..
View attachment 520798
Still available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider