Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Rush Jacket

Plumbline

One Too Many
Surely there can't be that many Rush fans left in the world, and how many of them are going to be in the market for a jacket that shouts "I'M A RUSH FAN!!" 24 hours a day?

According to the stats ... 341,000 attended the 2012 world tour ( 35 locations ) .... add to the list those who detail them as their major influences inc. Dave Grohl etc. etc.

I guesss the same way associative marketing works for a Ramones / Stones / AC/DC / Beatles / U2 ... T-shirt
or sweatshirt.

I guess they feel the same way about Rush as you feel about Aero Sloanie ... different strokes for different folks :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Though of course, I'm pretty sure Aero have never plastered their jackets with either their or somebody else's brand, so not really comparable. But of course, different strokes for different folks, so enjoy your jacket, Robb, we wouldn't want it any other way.

trapp

Practically Family
Rush is one of those bands who still 'quietly' enjoy legions of followers - and many people cite them as major influences (not just musicians) who you might not expect to be Rush fans. Neil Peart's drumming attracts it's own fandom. And Ayn Rand acolytes find their way to the early music - and vice-versa - leading to an interesting and enduring demographic of Rush admirers.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There's something about a jacket that comes with adornments/branding that makes it more "official" than adding your own later. Surely Plumbline could add his own Rush swag to a stock Vanson, but that wouldn't be the same. It's psychological.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Rush is one of those bands who still 'quietly' enjoy legions of followers - and many people cite them as major influences (not just musicians) who you might not expect to be Rush fans. Neil Peart's drumming attracts it's own fandom. And Ayn Rand acolytes find their way to the early music - and vice-versa - leading to an interesting and enduring demographic of Rush admirers.

The funny part about Rush is that 90% off their fans have always been guys.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'm one guy who has never heard of them. Mind you, I don't listen to rock or pop music so that might explain it.

trapp

Practically Family
The funny part about Rush is that 90% off their fans have always been guys.

Doesn't surprise me. I would guess 90% of Ayn Rand fans have always been guys as well.

I'm not a Rush fan for per se, but I think it's great that they chose a quality maker to collab with for fans. They could have just thrown some Rush branding on a mall jacket.

TeeJay

New in Town
I like Rush, the band itself and the music. Doesnt matter to me how many male or female fans they have. I also like the Vanson jacket - I would wear it, with or without Rush banner on it.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How about some Ayn Rand jackboots? What this world needs is a Robyn Hitchcock jacket. By the way, has anyone checked out Black Rebel Motorcycle Club? Great band and nothing but Perfectos and cafe racers.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
So Plumbline, I assume you got yours?

*If they made one with a big Star Man patch (sans nudity), I'd be in. :)

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
My sister wil be delivering it on the 19th ( I had it delivered to Houston to avoid additional charges :) )

Pics will follow receipt :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925