Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson Thunderbird vs C2?

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Long story short, I used to have a Logan's Closet "Johnny" jacket that I sold and would be too small for me now anyway.

To replace it I was looking at either the Vanson C2 or the Thunderbird. My understanding is that the Thunderbird has a full insulated lining, while the C2 is available with just a rayon lining, which I would prefer. That and I prefer the zipper placement of the Thunderbird compared to the C2, but the C2 looks to be more the jacket I want in general.

Attached are pics of the Thunderbird (Chrome hardware), the C2 (brass hardware), and the LC Johnny.

If anyone has any experience with either, I'd love to hear your takes on the jackets.

Attachments

• model-c2-rayon-brando-style-black-leather-biker-jacket.png
    model-c2-rayon-brando-style-black-leather-biker-jacket.png
    679.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Thunderbird back.png
    Thunderbird back.png
    695.3 KB · Views: 96
  • C2 Front.png
    C2 Front.png
    728.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Thunderbird Front.png
    Thunderbird Front.png
    595 KB · Views: 106
  • Johnny Back.jpg
    Johnny Back.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Johnny Front.jpg
    Johnny Front.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 107

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I have a C2, which is a great jacket, and fits very well. I have not handled a Thunderbird, but I do like that it has a solid back without the center seam of the C2. I also like that it has solid belt loops (no snaps). But I like the brass hardware on the C2.

Of the two, they are both very similar and I imagine would do the job equally well.

I do like the attached belt and sleeve zip placement of the Thunderbird. Both are winners in my book and I would snag either one in my size at a good price.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I don't know about the Thunderbird but I love my C2. One of my favourite jackets I've ever owned. I actually really like the center seam on the back, I think it helps make the jacket fit tightly over the body.

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
After evaluating both of them, the competition leather and the hardware on the C2 seem nice, but the fit of the Thunderbird was better. I ordered both in a size 40 and the C2 felt like it fit a size smaller than the T-Bird.
I might have to order a custom T-bird in comp weight with the brass hardware.

2-or-more

New in Town
I think the Thunderbird measurements are wrong at the site or at the factory. I have actually ordered two of them within a year to Finland and both of them had a sweep measurement of 42" instead of 40" as the size 40 should have. The chest measurement has been fine (46"). This makes the Thunderbird really fit a size larger than a C2.

I have contacted Vanson about this, but as stated before over this forum, the customer service doesn't work through e-mail. But we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner