Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson with 2 different types of leather ??

jkoj

Familiar Face
So I’ve had this for awhile but I’m curious if any of you have come across this. Check it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 109

barnabus

One Too Many
Looks cool.

It's it actually two different types of leather? It's hard to tell from the photos, at least on my phone.

It looks like it could have been all uniform colour, but then some of the panels have been treated with conditioner or oiled so that they've darkened up.

jkoj

Familiar Face
Looks cool.

It's it actually two different types of leather? It's hard to tell from the photos, at least on my phone.

It looks like it could have been all uniform colour, but then some of the panels have been treated with conditioner or oiled so that they've darkened up.
Yup. It’s definitely 2 totally different types of leather

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
It almost looks like the front panels have been replaced, but the wind seal behind the zipper is the same as the back, so I think it's a design choice.
It looks awesome, I'd rock that jacket all day.
There are some contrasting paneled jackets out there, I think I've seen a Black with Oxblood D pocket and lapels?
You can send the serial number to Vanson, and they'll have the history in their records. Whether or not they'd respond, or would take the time to pull the history for you... who knows.

jkoj

Familiar Face
It almost looks like the front panels have been replaced, but the wind seal behind the zipper is the same as the back, so I think it's a design choice.
It looks awesome, I'd rock that jacket all day.
There are some contrasting paneled jackets out there, I think I've seen a Black with Oxblood D pocket and lapels?
You can send the serial number to Vanson, and they'll have the history in their records. Whether or not they'd respond, or would take the time to pull the history for you... who knows.
Yes it’s been tough lately getting a response from Vanson. I’ve emailed them a couple times. I agree it looks as though the front panels could have been a replacement but if so that probably would have cost too much to justify.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana