Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wonder what’s the long term strategy going on with these exorbitant prices that we’re seeing lately in some brands? Is this high fashion now?

Tbh with Lewis it's probably overdue given the dramatic drop in the GBP's value, but it's just very drastic. It would have bothered me less I think if we were getting a bump every year.

I remember Schott told me the price of leather (and both companies are largely sourcing from the Italian tanneries) spiked in 2021.

Aloysius

There was another price rise in recent years but not dramatic like this one. Now they’re following the Eastman model I guess.

They've just doubled everything! Seems crazy but on the other hand, considering that the knock-offs have been going for roughly what LL costs now, this doesn't surprise me. No reason why LL shouldn't dictate the prices Addict is asking for their copies.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
When I bought my Lewis Mk1 jacket DIRECT from Lewis, 2021, Rip was still working there, and the total was £832 shipped, about the same price of an Aero (DIRECT).

However, back then, I remembered checking the Lewis dealers like Stronghold and that down under one that also carries FW, and they were already charging about USD $2,000 for Lewis jackets.

So basically there is no longer deals for going direct. Lewis is billing the same price their retail partners are charging. This does makes some sense business wise. iMAP.

Buying a brand new leather jacket is very similar to buying a brand new car, one would lose a huge chunk the moment it's driven off the lot, with only a few, very few exceptions.
The deals are in the lightly used jackets, or close queen jackets.

Aloysius

They've just doubled everything! Seems crazy but on the other hand, considering that the knock-offs have been going for roughly what LL costs now, this doesn't surprise me. No reason why LL shouldn't dictate the prices Addict is asking for their copies.

Yeah it’s pretty much a match for the Fine Creek copy’s price.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Yes and no. Addict is using a very nice horsehide on their models (can’t comment on the sheep), so they were always at the same price as a LL with veg-tan cow.
The ‚copy‘ was always the superior product, so the new price is. purely reflecting the brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto