Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Fresh Breeze
Not a vehicle but a sailboat I sold yesterday after owning 4 years. I purchased this boat in Rockhall MD and had it trucked to san Francisco Bay Aera. Mine was hull # 15 of 16 built high-end sea-kindly boats. View attachment 344225 View attachment 344226 View attachment 344227 View attachment 344228

I sold Fresh Breeze after buying this Morris Ocean 46 " Marguerite" I named after my mother inlaw a larger boat more equiped and suited for long ocean passages
I plan to sail her to Hawaii and to the San Juan Islands up the inside passage to Southern Alaska and back home to the San Francisco Bay

Marguerite being loaded in Annapolis MD bound for Richmon CA. She looks better now I just spent two weeks striping the varnish down to bare wood and a[[ping 10 coats of varnish labor-intense lot of sanding View attachment 344230 View attachment 344231

Man, I was looking at your beautiful boat when I realized that an old friend of mine had the same one in a center cockpit. It has been "years" since I have seen one again. Maybe my dreams of owning one (smaller) will come true.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Let us know how the coaster brake works for you. Can be very tricky with higher speed. I take it, your playing field is pretty level (I.e. no hills etc.)?!
most annoying part is when starting and the pedal is not at ideal position so far I just make do with weird first pedaling when that happened, slight hill was fine just braking every so often to not get the bike build up speed too fast, where my mother live is too steep for this bike, I will just walk it up and down, no shame in it, I did the same with the old factory setup since I have no confidence in the brake. where I usually commute around my neighborhood and downtown area is pretty flat.. where rickshaw, food vendor on bicycle and news paper guy can go my bike can too.

There is the next step... easily extra half a kilo, heavy fenders.
Screenshot_20210724-153944_Gallery.jpg

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I know, I know…
I always told myself that these new cars are just big hunks of plastic crap and I would stick with my Detroit iron till the end. It’s hard to turn my back on that dream.

Yeah there's this romanticism that an all metal car is not durable less fake or whatever, then you realize that modern cars are far more reliable, resistant to wear, etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong I love classic cars, but growing up around them I much prefer modern cars.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yeah there's this romanticism that an all metal car is not durable less fake or whatever, then you realize that modern cars are far more reliable, resistant to wear, etc etc etc. Don't get me wrong I love classic cars, but growing up around them I much prefer modern cars.
lol I remember my late father used to enjoy "working" on his car especially on the carburetor setting even when it ran perfectly alright but that thing has adjustment screws, throttle cable, it begs to be tweaked , at least before EFI was widely used, one day he bought a newer car, opened the "hood" and just pondering over the smooth cover of the engine under the hood, free maintenance battery too... nothing to be working on.. and then he proceed to sound proofing the cabin instead.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
lol I remember my late father used to enjoy "working" on his car especially on the carburetor setting even when it ran perfectly alright but that thing has adjustment screws, throttle cable, it begs to be tweaked , at least before EFI was widely used, one day he bought a newer car, opened the "hood" and just pondering over the smooth cover of the engine under the hood, free maintenance battery too... nothing to be working on.. and then he proceed to sound proofing the cabin instead.

Yeah I get that aspect of it, but there's always something else one could work on, or mod for that matter. Heck, detailing my car is a time consuming fiasco.

Colin G

One Too Many
I really like Saabs. Thanks for posting Imuricecreamman.

My rebuilt 1975 Norton Commando MKIII. I won the local car show's motorcycle class right after I finished building it about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm currently redoing the front end with new trees and electronic Smiths instrument upgrades and a rewire. I made my own harness but want to incorporate the instrument lights into the electrical harness. I need to reroute my tail light harness internally also. Being able to see the wires drives me crazy.

DSC_0950-1.jpg

DSC_0932changed2.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I really like Saabs. Thanks for posting Imuricecreamman.

My rebuilt 1975 Norton Commando MKIII. I won the local car show's motorcycle class right after I finished building it about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm currently redoing the front end with new trees and electronic Smiths instrument upgrades and a rewire. I made my own harness but want to incorporate the instrument lights into the electrical harness. I need to reroute my tail light harness internally also. Being able to see the wires drives me crazy.

View attachment 350255

View attachment 350256
Beautiful, congrats

4444Design

One of the Regulars
just to share some rides also:

this is my CJ750 (ChangJiang) which i build-up during my stay in China - brought it with me to Europe together with 3 more but they have been sold

evre2f9.jpg

2018 Softail Slim with some mild customizing (no! the "whitewalls" aren't blue - the blue stuff is just to cover the whitewalls which comes off

19Tvv29.jpg

2009 Sporty 1200 XL - customized her on my own - well basically most parts have been bought and are "bolt on parts" sotosay - paintjob was done in Mexico during the time when i lived there

kP70vSj.jpg

finally 1948 PAN

6zEM8La.jpg

QxOOWpC.jpg

latest addition is a converted softail

rgz6RUO.jpg

ODsWd5S.jpg

Last edited:

ai00344

One of the Regulars

this is my CJ750 (ChangJiang) which i build-up during my stay in China - brought it with me to Europe together with 3 more but they have been sold

evre2f9.jpg

2018 Softail Slim with some mild customizing (no! the "whitewalls" aren't blue - the blue stuff is just to cover the whitewalls which comes off

19Tvv29.jpg

2009 Sporty 1200 XL - customized her on my own - well basically most parts have been bought and are "bolt on parts" sotosay - paintjob was done in Mexico during the time when i lived there

kP70vSj.jpg

finally 1948 PAN

6zEM8La.jpg

QxOOWpC.jpg

rgz6RUO.jpg

ODsWd5S.jpg
Great stuff but that CJ is the jewel!

evre2f9.jpg

19Tvv29.jpg

kP70vSj.jpg

finally 1948 PAN

6zEM8La.jpg

QxOOWpC.jpg

rgz6RUO.jpg

ODsWd5S.jpg

You are my new hero. All very well thought out. Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk