Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

Solstice 62

New in Town
Out with the old..Caterham
In with the new ..Porker

Attachments

• E6DF02CE-BB67-40DF-BB85-011FBDDCBC54.jpeg
    E6DF02CE-BB67-40DF-BB85-011FBDDCBC54.jpeg
    917 KB · Views: 117
  • 74F83F48-58E0-4772-B842-FAF6C5613938.jpeg
    74F83F48-58E0-4772-B842-FAF6C5613938.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 97

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve gone from Abarth 595’s to a Fiat Panda Cross 4X4 with a wacky 2 cylinder engine with turbo. It’s a jacked up and pimped up Panda but extremely enjoyable to drive and comfortable to boot. Great for our shocking roads in some parts of the UK & recent very wet weather. Enough space now to accommodate the parentals and Greyhound.
9FF1CE2F-7A23-4391-8170-9789815656BA.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I’ve gone from Abarth 595’s to a Fiat Panda Cross 4X4 with a wacky 2 cylinder engine with turbo. It’s a jacked up and pimped up Panda but extremely enjoyable to drive and comfortable to boot. Great for our shocking roads in some parts of the UK & recent very wet weather. Enough space now to accommodate the parentals and Greyhound.
View attachment 541969
2-cylinder? Really? What configuration would that be?

I've seen several modern vehicles stateside with 3 cylinder inline engines, and I believe that older Saabs had a V-4 industrial engine, along with I-2 and I-3-cylinders. However I cannot say I've heard of a 2-cylinder in a modern automobile. I would think it would be quite difficult to balance such an engine, unless you used motorcycle engine (V-twin style mostly).

I suspect with at least $7.50/gallon petrol, that has to help...

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yes, an inline two-cylinder with a thimbleful of displacement.
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/Fiat/123983/Fiat-Panda-Cross-2021-TwinAir-Turbo-85-4x4.html

I like these little cars.

Big fan of the "Panda" myself. Had one from the original series with a 0,75l engine generating an astonishing 30 HP. Tiny, minimal, but always reliable (rust was an issue, though).
Gas injection was controlled via a manual "Choke". You forgot to pull it, the Panda wouldn´t start. You forgot to push it back after the gas was flowing, the engine would simnply be flooded and the car would stop. Ah, the old times...;)

bn1966

Crazy little thing but it is a thing. Two cylinder Twin Air was also put in some smaller Alfas but was recently discontinued on economy grounds and replaced by either a diesel or mild hybrid. Spirited drive for something under 900 cc..reminds me of a motorcycle I once owned :)
2-cylinder? Really? What configuration would that be?

I've seen several modern vehicles stateside with 3 cylinder inline engines, and I believe that older Saabs had a V-4 industrial engine, along with I-2 and I-3-cylinders. However I cannot say I've heard of a 2-cylinder in a modern automobile. I would think it would be quite difficult to balance such an engine, unless you used motorcycle engine (V-twin style mostly).

I suspect with at least $7.50/gallon petrol, that has to help..

El Marro

Here’s my new ride
IMG_3341.jpeg

The Charger got stolen back in May and so I decided to switch things up. I bought the Ram in June and she is just back from the tire shop where I had new Fuel 18x9 wheels installed with 33” x 12.5” Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a leveling kit to make sure it all fits like it should.

Rigs

New in Town
Out with the old..Caterham
In with the new ..Porker
What excellent taste. As a serial Caterham fetishist I find they are hard to get out of the system. There again, in terms of analogue cars with bank vault like build quality that gorgeous 993 is the ultimate. Enjoy.

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Time for an update....

The V12 Vantage went last October and I went all American!. The Vantage was a wonderful car but having done 14,000 miles in 18 months I'd had my fun with it. Have always gravitated to low slung sports cars however, with now being a crusty, tall and not exactly Mr Flexible I got tired of looking like a spider getting out of the bath when getting out of them so....bought the exact opposite!

A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, only had it for 2 weeks before it was modified and now I can climb in and fall out, much easier and love the madness of it.

E2559392-8287-439F-B3C0-B8C17FA2534C.jpeg
7067CA44-65FC-43B2-86C1-8D9ACB9001BC_1_201_a.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Time for an update....

The V12 Vantage went last October and I went all American!. The Vantage was a wonderful car but having done 14,000 miles in 18 months I'd had my fun with it. Have always gravitated to low slung sports cars however, with now being a crusty, tall and not exactly Mr Flexible I got tired of looking like a spider getting out of the bath when getting out of them so....bought the exact opposite!

A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, only had it for 2 weeks before it was modified and now I can climb in and fall out, much easier and love the madness of it.

View attachment 604058 View attachment 604057

Congrats!

I did the same: After decades of driving two-seaters/sports cars (and a brief interlude of a company Beamer), I got me a Wrangler. Love everything about it, and my marriage is profitting as well. I just can´t be bothered to speed in a vehicle with such lousy brakes and steering and enjoy every second in it.

Last edited:

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
I too went from sports cars back to Jeeps.. yep, steering and brakes on a wrangler is a thing, but nothing that a Black Magic big brake kit and Currie steering link won’t fix! Biggest problem with Wranglers is that the modification bug is more expensive than a long term crack habit!
2F90AA9F-EBBE-4BAA-8FC4-7329ACB75B2D.jpeg
A66573E1-99F2-4909-8770-ED9489994FE5.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner