Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Trying to buy a new car. New generation of company cars comes with a mandatory company-label (about a sq-foot big). Thats an absolute no-no for me.

Covid-times: No showroom-cars, no test-drives, no discounts - everything that´s being produced is off to the new owner straight away. Lead-times up to 14 months. You buy used, your likely end up with an upcharge (!) of 5%, or so, just because you beat the queue...
Maybe it´s just my taste; I could always go for an Opel or Mazda, of course...:)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Trying to buy a new car. New generation of company cars comes with a mandatory company-label (about a sq-foot big). Thats an absolute no-no for me.

So is this a label that is applied to the outside of the vehicle? What on earth would such a regulation be applied for? Seems like an obvious theft-intensive action as anyone would know it straight-away. Preposterous idea to me.

The state to the "East" of me has a special license plate required for all rental-cars. Similar deal in my eyes - once known, it will be looked for an attract thieves like a magnet as it is obvious a traveler’s car and likely not a resident of the state.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
So is this a label that is applied to the outside of the vehicle? What on earth would such a regulation be applied for? Seems like an obvious theft-intensive action as anyone would know it straight-away. Preposterous idea to me.

The state to the "East" of me has a special license plate required for all rental-cars. Similar deal in my eyes - once known, it will be looked for an attract thieves like a magnet as it is obvious a traveler’s car and likely not a resident of the state.

Yes, a permanent label. I´ve been told it enhances my loyalty to my employer. Doesn´t apply to members of the management board though, for "security reasons".
For me it simply means, I avoid the costs of a company car and drive a fun car of sorts again.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
All tucked in … Heavy rains coming …

Attachments

• C22D9A39-0DB2-4CCC-BFCB-08DB05AD7B27.jpeg
    C22D9A39-0DB2-4CCC-BFCB-08DB05AD7B27.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 120

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even if here almost only vehicles with wheels were posted, I want to show my latest acquisition (and a reason why there are currently no new leather jackets).
It's called OC-1 (Outrigger Canoe), weighs about 10 kg and is pretty fun especially in waves.
And this is what it looks like when you have fun with it:

FB505673-EDE7-467D-B8FE-53B016A09327.jpeg
EEEC2229-A45C-4D3B-A9BA-9D931F5AB7BB.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
79 MGBGT .... had 4/5 MG's over the years and decided I'd try and get another "good one" ... has cost a bit on mechanics but most importantly it hasn't been messed with

View attachment 409386
You see that Aston Martin above, did you know that a reborn MG is going into that market? Save your pennies and you might just find yourself behind the wheel of the all electric MG Cyberstar.

mgcyber1.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...AhUCSkEAHcYuChMQjJkEegQICBAC&biw=1366&bih=625

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Even if here almost only vehicles with wheels were posted, I want to show my latest acquisition (and a reason why there are currently no new leather jackets).
It's called OC-1 (Outrigger Canoe), weighs about 10 kg and is pretty fun especially in waves.
And this is what it looks like when you have fun with it:

View attachment 450335 View attachment 450336

Full points on the fun-scale, full points on the sustainability-scale.
If you tell us, you’re using this „vehicle“ fir your daily commute, we have a winner. ;)

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Following on from the post 6 months ago that an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S would turn up, this one did!
Exceptional thing to put it mildly.
The old fart in the background in the last pic wearing a biker jacket might just be me :)

2A103270-9601-488C-AD45-BB6553FA1A7A.jpeg
4593685E-0AEB-4556-A4C1-F2D6E07EEBDE_1_201_a.jpeg
05FA6DD2-0664-4D4E-A739-89E69733809A.jpeg
7D038911-2696-41F1-B0AA-BF7E96481586.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto