Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vent holes on my Stratoliner...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Here's another project I wanted to do for a while but only found time to work on it tonight. A long time ago I came across a great Stetson crown sticker and decided to keep it just in case. I decided to put a nice vintage pattern of ventilation holes in my Stratoliner. I made my design after this gorgeous one. (The hat belongs to someone here but I can't remember who... Robert maybe?)

IMG_1810.jpg

My hat before I did the work. Liner out!

IMG_2996.jpg

After I did the tiny vent holes and attached the crown sticker, this is the result:

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
What use you for the holes!

I'm interested in knowing what you used to make the holes too!

Thank you guys. Unfortunately I can't tell right now. It's a tool I'm developing with my brother in-law and we're going to pursue a patent. It's nearly finished and every little project shows us how versatile it can be in making different patterns.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Well done, Ale!

Bob Hope's hilarious movie character could have used one of those when trying to handle the immediate effects of alcohol upon him. lol lol lol

Harry Jones

New in Town
I realize this thread is about ventilation (good job, by the way!), but can you tell me what adhesive you used on the crown sticker? I want to reattach one the came off an Akubra. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy