Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vhs Tapes

rjb1

Practically Family
Amen to that! An even slightly-damaged DVD will give you that annoying digital "stutter", or just plain freeze up.
"Digital" is very much over-rated, not even counting the eventual "unusability" of it, as Lizzie mentions.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I'll keep the DVD quality in mind when burning and will definitely make sure my finalized DVDs can play on different machines before I get rid of the tapes. Or should I hold onto the tapes indefinitely? Our storage space underneath the entertainment center is overflowing.

"Hold onto the Tapes"…
Like others who have mentioned already….a DVD disk once it starts "malfunctioning"…not much can be done
to remedy. As to storage space with the vhs , I would decide which ones I would like to keep available &
the ones that I don't use that much, store them safely somewhere else . On a similar note (somehow)
my startup-disk was beginning to fill up on my mac. So I had to "bite the bullet" & determine which files
whether movies or music I hadn't used in 30 days & I deleted them from the front folders & stored them
in an external back-up drive. Now my computer is no longer slow to operate.
Sorry..too much info...:eusa_doh:

It is possible to get movies in a digital version that will load to a memory stick or a hard drive.

The number of DVD's I have had problems with in the last 12 years numbers about 4 or 5. usually it is a glitch in manufacturing, i return those to the store. Damaged discs tend to be from scratching the media side, this happens because of accidents or poor handling habits. i consider dvds to be similar to how you were suppose to handle records - handle with care. No medium is forever, even the Egyptians who wrote in stone had information lost.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
205zhoy.png

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran