Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicenza Italian HH now available for all Aeros

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
As popular and nice as the Vicenza MWHH is, I thought Aero would offer this option sooner than later.

wdw

One Too Many
I've not followed the Vicenza thing at all. Is it lighter than regular FQHH? What's the big deal about it?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've not followed the Vicenza thing at all. Is it lighter than regular FQHH? What's the big deal about it?

It's a very much a MWHH, it has a lot of grain and colour variation. I suppose the closest comparison is the tumbled FQHH, but definitely lighter.

pawineguy

One Too Many

Very pronounced grain and suppler than CXL FQHH, it's a vegetable tanned HH, not combination tanned like the CXL. In my mind, not better, but different. Give us all more choices from Aero.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
A bit like WDW above, I'm well aware of it, but just haven't paid any real close attention to it.
I'm considering a jacket right now & am lening towards the FQHH in brown mainly due to the way in which everyone talks about the beautiful deep rich colour of this hide from Aero.
How does the Italian hide compare?
Keep in mind that I'm in Sydney which is not really Scotland as far as cold weather goes.
I'm thinking a mid weight hide may be better, but really want a great colour with some 'depth' to it.
Thoughts?

Drax

New in Town
A bit like WDW above, I'm well aware of it, but just haven't paid any real close attention to it.
I'm considering a jacket right now & am lening towards the FQHH in brown mainly due to the way in which everyone talks about the beautiful deep rich colour of this hide from Aero.
How does the Italian hide compare?
Keep in mind that I'm in Sydney which is not really Scotland as far as cold weather goes.
I'm thinking a mid weight hide may be better, but really want a great colour with some 'depth' to it.
Thoughts?
I'm (hopefully) due soon a Tumbled Brown Teamster.
Hopefully it will be as good as I expect it to be. :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received a half belt in the Vicenza that had to go back due to sizing issues, the seal Vicenza was so close in colour and depth of colour to the regular FQHH brown that in my eyes its essentially the same. The only real differences I could tell were more grain and less weight on the Vicenza although its still substantial and not a fashion jacket leather weight. They apparently age differently so not sure how the colours would compare a few years down the track but on the one I received, when new was as close to the same as FQHH as you could get.

devilish

A-List Customer
Here's a quick pic of my Shackleton in seal Vinceza after a few months wear. You can see it's developing nicely. I personally feel that a HH much heavier than this would be too much. This HH is pretty much the perfect weight. The color starts to pop with nice rich undertones fairly quickly. Sometime in the future I'm going to get a Bootlegger or Maxwell in this leather.

IMG_02271_zpsmwq1pxhl.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy