Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victoria Beckham, has gone all 1940s on us

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
H.Johnson said:
Are we really in this world to comment on and to judge one another?
Humans judge and comment on EVERTHING in their environment. That's what we do. [huh]

Slim Portly

One Too Many
H.Johnson said:
I don't know about the entire world, but most of the threads on this forum seem to be for the purpose of commenting on and judging one another. Why else do we post so many pictures?

lol

(and I agree with those who find her lovely)

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Marzipan said:
I much prefer Ginger Spice when she was voluptuous. Not that I find any of these celebs particularly worthy of our attention...

I'll second this - Geri Halliwell was always my favorite of the group (I wasn't a "fan" of them but you couldn't help but notice them everywhere in their uber-popular days). She had the looks of a pin-up girl and she actually seemed to be having fun with the whole thing.

funneman

Practically Family
My daughter and I watched a show on BBC/America that was a comedy/parody of the Beckhams.

I didn't catch the name.

David and Victoria were both portrayed as egotistical, selfish, arrogant and totally aloof.

We were both stunned by how cruel the jokes were, more mean spirited than anything I've ever seen on SNL.

I feel bad for anyone that attracts that much venom.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
H.Johnson said:

I find it depressing that certain types of people are counted as fair game. Are they really there to be traded as modern day archetypes or metaphors for the human condition, rather than viewed as human beings? Even if they think they are, they're not!

Also, I'm bemused about why it's considered okay to hang on certain people preconceived ideas about body shape/size, notions of acceptable/unacceptable food consumption and ideas of what makes a decent person.

I should emphasise that I've no time for celebrity culture -- not even vintage celebrities. I'm all for human beings, not symbols and ciphers.

dit dah

One of the Regulars
I love Victoria and David, they bought my vintage recording studio for me, well kind of.

A few years back I got the hump with Mr & Mrs B and the brouhaha surrounding them. So I got myself a little t-shirt (I know I know, they are uindergarments, I apologise) printed up with the words "Bored of the Beckhams" on. People liked it. So I sold it. Then I sold 35,000 more in 16 countries. Eventually, after 18 months or so, everyone got bored with it and that was that.

Sorry for bringing such low level apparel into the Lounge. I never wore one myself but they were ok, all American, no sweatshops etc. It was fun, but not as much as spending the money :)

Emer

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
I want to know what people would say if a MAN in her position adopted a 40s image.

I think if it was a classic Hollywood celebrity, like George Clooney, Hollywood would embrace it! If it was some shot in the dark celebrity like...Kevin Federline, they'd say he looked ridicoulous. I think it all depends on who does it, how they do it, and how they carry themselves.

Warden

One Too Many
What ho gang

victoriagreyBIG_65x65.jpg

Posh's new clothing is taking inspiration from World War II.

See news report below

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article..._bomber_kit&in_article_id=571282&in_page_id=7

I wonder if anyone has ask her to join thier group yet?

Harry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot