Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Adam Smoke Grey Fedora 7 1/2

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
SOLD.

I haven’t been on the Fedora Lounge for a bit; nice to see the changes to the site!

I’m doing some cleaning out of shelves, and I have half a couple of fedoras that I haven’t worn for years, so I’m adding to the classifieds page for anyone interested.

I won an auction on the Fedora Lounge of NOS fedoras way back in 2009 or so, and the result was this 1940s (?) fedora with thin ribbon in a smoky grey. Since it was NOS, I am the only wearer. I bashed the lid once and never altered it. Sadly, the 7 1/2 was always way too big for my 7 3/8 head, and spacers never helped. As a result, it has been in storage for years.

The felt is in perfect shape—never visited by a moth, rust, or mold—and it still stiff like a new fedora back in the 40s. There is one defect, though. When I was trying to fit it, I made the mistake of taking it in to a local hat shop, where the clerk promptly slapped an adhesive hat spacer on the leather hat band; I wasn’t fast enough to stop her. The result, when I pulled off the adhesive as carefully as I could, was some damage to the leather, pictured below.

I won the auction for over $200 (it was in support of the Fedora Lounge site, as I recall, so to a good cause). Given the damage to the hat band, I’m offering it here for $100 plus shipping. PayPal or Zelle.

B17A5A5C-C2B9-429A-82E1-9E8028FDB12D.jpeg
B1A308C8-A8EB-4DD4-982D-CF96B6A57341.jpeg
C9A82D57-F0FA-4AE0-A15B-7C24A3F09DE8.jpeg
8FD8A441-1AA8-4C2B-A1A4-7A96B78892B2.jpeg

Last edited:
I was going to grab this one but Daniel accepted my offer on the brown Borsa so not enough money in the hat account for both.

It’s so hard for me to judge brims in photos. With my big head anything less than 2 5/8” doesn’t work for me unless I’m wanting a stingy. 2 3/4 to 2 7/8 is my preferred fedora brim width, and 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 is my western sweet spot.

SOLD.

I haven’t been on the Fedora Lounge for a bit; nice to see the changes to the site!

I’m doing some cleaning out of shelves, and I have half a couple of fedoras that I haven’t worn for years, so I’m adding to the classifieds page for anyone interested.

I won an auction on the Fedora Lounge of NOS fedoras way back in 2009 or so, and the result was this 1940s (?) fedora with thin ribbon in a smoky grey. Since it was NOS, I am the only wearer. I bashed the lid once and never altered it. Sadly, the 7 1/2 was always way too big for my 7 3/8 head, and spacers never helped. As a result, it has been in storage for years.

The felt is in perfect shape—never visited by a moth, rust, or mold—and it still stiff like a new fedora back in the 40s. There is one defect, though. When I was trying to fit it, I made the mistake of taking it in to a local hat shop, where the clerk promptly slapped an adhesive hat spacer on the leather hat band; I wasn’t fast enough to stop her. The result, when I pulled off the adhesive as carefully as I could, was some damage to the leather, pictured below.

I won the auction for over $200 (it was in support of the Fedora Lounge site, as I recall, so to a good cause). Given the damage to the hat band, I’m offering it here for $100 plus shipping. PayPal or Zelle.

View attachment 245962
View attachment 245963
View attachment 245964
View attachment 245965
And in my disappointment......I forgot to let you know what a very nice hat for a very reasonable price.......someone will be very pleased I am sure!! 2 5/8 brim is great for a fedora!

SOLD.

View attachment 245962
View attachment 245963
View attachment 245964
View attachment 245965

Oh, and that story about the sales girl.....well I really cringed......what the hell was she thinking......even on new hats.....the sizing strips go behind the sweat.....so....again....WTF was she on??? AND doing that to a vintage hat....well.....

That story needs to be promoted in some sticky thread somewhere with other such stories to show people all so called "hat shops" are NOT EQUAL!!!

source.gif

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Oh, and that story about the sales girl.....well I really cringed......what the hell was she thinking......even on new hats.....the sizing strips go behind the sweat.....so....again....WTF was she on??? AND doing that to a vintage hat....well.....

That story needs to be promoted in some sticky thread somewhere with other such stories to show people all so called "hat shops" are NOT EQUAL!!!

View attachment 246142

I can’t tell you how horrified I was to realize she’d done that...not to mention what it was like to peel the strip off of the leather band. Cue shrieking violin music from Halloween. Last time I stepped foot in that shop.

View attachment 246142
Yes, that was my first thought.....how the hell did she get a job in a hat shop in the first place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points