Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cal - It's changing my outlook on things

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I've finally picked up a Star Glove!

Seller found it at a thrift store.
I feel like it’s been in someone’s wardrobe for a very long time, the lining is like new.

PuW2ib0.jpg

dgdeUrp.jpg

ERm27Iv.jpg

PAXnpmO.jpg

Q3iblTr.jpg
JQoBAF3.jpg

4x7HPL5.jpg

q11JYk6.jpg

gXbeB7K.jpg

HNkGA4l.jpg
mo2QNga.jpg

Wow, it looks superb! Awesome Crown hardware, pretty hard to find 'em. It's as if this Star Glove 'd have been resting in a wardrobe through decades. Congrats, Leigh!

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
Wow @Leigh H that is a beautiful Star Glove! Congrats on the find. The collar is amazing, too. The aging of the mouton can’t be duplicated in a modern collar.

Thanks @Leather Walker for the confirmation of the black zippers on vintage Cals. It has all the other features of a Cal, but the zipper puzzled me. Good to know it is pretty common.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Cross-posting this in the dedicated thread. I am very happy with this find by @JMax. Unlabeled Cal. Seller clearly did not know what they had. Mouton in sleeves, so I think it's a Cal. Original Serval zippers on sleeves, main zip is a bit of mystery, looks generic, but original. Cop badge holder patch. I attach a pic of the main zip. Any help with dating the jacket is appreciated.

DSC_3231.JPG

DSC_3232.JPG

PXL_20230208_183517218_2.jpg

DSC_32211.jpg

DSC_32221.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
score. something weird about that zipper though. Don't think I've seen too many Cals with the short zip. Maybe a repair or something. In any case, straight zip. the gussets look tight. I usually like clean back, but this looks alright.

edit: just noticed the gussets

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the main zipper is super-short, just 17". I don't see any old stitch holes, might be original. Made for a short guy... I may replace it with a #10 Talon, the way it should be.

Leather Walker

Practically Family

Al 916

One Too Many
What a pretty jacket! I love it. Judging by the black YKK zippers, it's a mid-80s Cal. Is it me, or this is in mint condition? I don't see scratches on the hide.

I look forward to the day when I come across the chance to get a Cal straight-zip.
I happened on it flipping through a sellers 'other items' marked as 'leather punk jacket'.......It has lost an eyelet on one of the lace chinches - apart from that it is in very good condition. - thanks

Destruct

Familiar Face
Picked up a few Cals recently. A very old one with Conmar zips and a newer one in excellent condition with Talon zips. The inner liner on the newer one is different than other Cals I've seen with insulation and that diamond pattern. Possibly a Cal imposter? But it's uberheavy with a supple and very substantial hide.

Both are beautiful, but will probably pass the older one on as it needs a bit more TLC than I can give. Here's a kicker, looks like the older one was modded to add pseudo-gussets???

Attachments

• IMG-2742.jpg
    IMG-2742.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG-2743.jpg
    IMG-2743.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG-2744.jpg
    IMG-2744.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG-2738.jpg
    IMG-2738.jpg