Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage camping weekend.

botty

Familiar Face
With all the threads describing the vintage camping/walking/hiking/cycling etc. kit that everyone has would it be an idea to hold a vintage camping and outdoor weekend sometime?

For the UK based on the forum if there is interest I would be happy to scout out some Shropshire sites.

Hunter_aka_Scotty

One of the Regulars
With all the threads describing the vintage camping/walking/hiking/cycling etc. kit that everyone has would it be an idea to hold a vintage camping and outdoor weekend sometime?

For the UK based on the forum if there is interest I would be happy to scout out some Shropshire sites.

My wife and I frequently do "themed" camping. Anything from English Civil War 1640's to WW2. We are planning on doing something a little different this November and do a 1930's or 40's hike for two nights in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I think you should go for it! Maybe make it a fishing trip if you are so inclined.

botty

Familiar Face
Well I am going to take the plunge and stay here:

http://www.sytchecaravanandcamping.co.uk/

Thursday 13th Sept through to Sunday 16th. A slight cheat as it is only 10 miles from my house but I should be ariving in a 1930 Ford model A pick-up and plan to camp with pre-war equipment etc.

feel free to join me.

botty

Familiar Face
Well that didn't work. The Model A pickup has been sold so the plan was to use my 1943 bicycle to cycle to the campsite. Only got a mile or so before that decided to break down!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails