Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
Here is my most recent bin lidder, it's a modern reproduction i got for peanuts, i'm not sure i liked the shape at first so i cut out the pointless plastic bit connected to the stud inside(i don't know why they add these, makes them harder to drape) then i ironed it to give it more volume. Its a few sizes too small but i don't mind it being a bit tilted on the back i like how it looks.

Before:
1.jpg

After:
2.jpg

looks a bit like these imo
4.jpg

Also
3.jpg

...as the meanings of cravat and ascot seem so malleable...
Not that I know what I'm talking about but, as I understand it, "cravat" and "ascot" are two names for the same item. Just as "derby" and "bowler" are names for the same style of hat and are used depending upon which side of the Atlantic Ocean you're on, "cravat" is the British term for what we 'Muricans call an "ascot".

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
Very interesting neckwear. Looks like one modern tie and many what I’ll call scarves, as the meanings of cravat and ascot seem so malleable. What would the proper term be at the time of the photo?
I think they are scarves and neckerchiefs and some traditional ties, scarves tucked underneath waistcoats is a very British working class look of the time, it does do a good job of keeping you warm i do it myself.

Cravats to me are the posh silky items usually in paisley etc you saw lords or a country gent wearing, probably not what a miner or a labourer would of worn but i may be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko