Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage caps

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
633bb7ee4bc2189280be5f09a9ce605d.jpg

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
Belonged to the sellers grandfather in the twenties from what she told me, its got the same three piece construction as the modern ''bond'' caps you find on country clothing websites over her, a very British cut.

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
Darted cap spotted at low starting price, i have enough hats, you may have to ask if they would ship it to the US.
s-l1600.jpg

dkstott

Practically Family
Quite amazing how much wool can stretch, the twenties cap fits perfect now and i repaired the liner, still got plenty of life in it, i think the previous owner would want me to wear it not for it to be a dust gatherer.
View attachment 428507
I've been able to stretch a wool size 57 cap to 58 with no issues of deformation in the appearance.. I'm not sure if I'd try much more of a stretch. Especially in newsboys, they might get wonky in appearance afterwards.

But if I sweat badly in it the cap or get the cap wet in the rain, it'll try to revert back to 57. Then it's back on the hat stretcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider