Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

fashion frank

One Too Many
1931 Model A

Hello Fellow Loungers !
I have been away for awhile (not that anybody noticed ) but have just returned today.
I was working on my Model A today putting in a new rear floorboard ( thats where they got the term) windshield gliders and painting the firewall.
This Sunday is the "dust off tour " with my model A club first road trip of the season.
Here are a few shots of my work.

The rear without the board.

The new Board

Same area after painting.

The firewall with just the right half painted.

I have missed being on the Forum and all of you good people ,I will try to be on more often!

All the Best, Fashion Frank

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello Fellow Loungers !
I have been away for awhile (not that anybody noticed ) but have just returned today. ...

I have missed being on the Forum and all of you good people ,I will try to be on more often!

All the Best, Fashion Frank

You have been missed, and I'm glad to see the progress you are making on your beautiful car.

fashion frank

One Too Many

Mr Powers thank's for the welcome back !

Here are a few more pictures of the 31 ford after doing some more work on it today.

Heres a shot of the new front floor mat and new booties for the emergency brake and shifter.

A shot from the back seat facing forward.

This is a shot looking in from the passenger side door.

Took it for a drive around town and the waves and horn honking was a trippeople just love this car !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

fashion frank

One Too Many
That's one sharp looking car.

Thanks Big Man but I must admit I would not mind sliding behind the wheel of your car and taking it for a spin.
As someone else noted here I love cars with split windshields ,how easy it is to change half a windsheild !
I used to have a Hudson Hornet Sedan with a split windsheild it was the bomb !

All the Best,fashion Frank

Thanks Big Man but I must admit I would not mind sliding behind the wheel of your car and taking it for a spin.
As someone else noted here I love cars with split windshields ,how easy it is to change half a windsheild !
I used to have a Hudson Hornet Sedan with a split windsheild it was the bomb !

All the Best,fashion Frank

Those hornets were not the bomb---they were a bomb. :p Those things can move for their age. :eeek:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Dust off tour, lil rhody model a club

Hello FellowLoungers , today was our first tour of the season the "dust off " tour .
We went to a guys house in Conn. who makes long rifles ,lives in a 1770's era house anf his wife did a fireside cooking demo.

The guys went down to the basement where this guy makes the rifles.
He has been on the History Channel more than once showing how he makes these rifles.

It was a fun day to say the least watching 12 Model A's going down the road and the reaction from people is some thing else.
heres a few shots from today,enjoy.

At the rally point before we left.

Nothing like seeing a line of Model A's going down the road.

A sample of some of the rifles that this gentleman has made.

The hearth upstairs in his house.
His wife made killer cornbread and the dutchoven on the right with the coals onto of it had a pie that she was bakinging inside of it quite interesting.

Me the wife and the girls in the back seat , it was one hell of a day we had a blast.

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those are some great photos FF. I agree with you, there's nothing like seeing a line of Model A's (or any group of old cars for that matter) going down the road. Looks like you all had a great time.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hello FellowLoungers , today was our first tour of the season the "dust off " tour .
We went to a guys house in Conn. who makes long rifles ,lives in a 1770's era house anf his wife did a fireside cooking demo.

The guys went down to the basement where this guy makes the rifles.
He has been on the History Channel more than once showing how he makes these rifles.

It was a fun day to say the least watching 12 Model A's going down the road and the reaction from people is some thing else.
heres a few shots from today,enjoy.

A sample of some of the rifles that this gentleman has made.

Love the long rifles. If I ever get my life back on track, I would love to make a replica of the Hawkins transition plains rifles. They had the long barrel, but a short forearm, less ornate and flintlock, none survive intact, they have all been converted to percussion. It would make an interesting rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats