Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It would be like the town in Blazing Saddles except Tom's instead of Johnson's. Tom's Diner, Tom's Interior Design, Tom's Garage, etc, etc. :p

toms1-578x291.jpg

lol lol lol

Somehow I cannot quite imagine Tom playing the role of Billy Haines, Cecil Beaton or, heaven forfend, Rose Cummings!

I'll bring mine with me! I've got tons of junkyard goodies lol

I guess that means I have to run the junkyard on my own, huh?

Funny, I always thought Powers' avatar was the world's most interesting man, but I sound more like I fit the role lol

I have always wanted to own a diverse set of businesses.

Tom could practically be the whole town as he's also Chef and Interior Designer as well. :D;)

Ha! If I had a private plane, I'd make it to all the FL events lol

Well, because you have so much, I expected you to jump on your plane and come out ASAP---free. :p

Funny, I always thought Powers' avatar was the world's most interesting man, but I sound more like I fit the role lol

I have always wanted to own a diverse set of businesses.

Ha! If I had a private plane, I'd make it to all the FL events lol

Well, I have been working on making you interesting. :p

You mean you own a conglomerate. :p

I dunno. I think you are being cheap on the avgas. :p

Well, you're doing a good job lol

Like I would be cheap when it comes to meeting so many of the wonderful people of the Lounge that do in fact keep my life interesting.
Well, I have been working on making you interesting. :p

I dunno. I think you are being cheap on the avgas. :p

She'd be a good spokeswoman. With a face like that, she could sell ketchup Popsicles to a woman in white gloves.

And Rue is on the Board of Directors :p

Well, for those who don't know, my beloved Caddy has been out of commission for about two months, due to hitting two deer and giving her a good smash. As of this weekend, she's officially all put together and back on the road. Been an interesting project, mostly with parts availability, as these cars were already considered dinosaurs when they were built in '96.

caddyproject.JPG

Well, for those who don't know, my beloved Caddy has been out of commission for about two months, due to hitting two deer and giving her a good smash. As of this weekend, she's officially all put together and back on the road. Been an interesting project, mostly with parts availability, as these cars were already considered dinosaurs when they were built in '96.

caddyproject.JPG

Nice! You got it all back together. :clap:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
If you had taken a video and run it backwards, it would be like Christine. :D
Similar damage when my FIL hit a deer with a 95 Towncar.
Didn't total it out by any means, but cost insurance quite a lot to put the car right.
Like your Caddi, a towncar doesn't just "swerve" to miss things.
Stopping is an option, but foot to the floor for more momentum might not be bad either.

Very happy to have her back on the road. Much easier on gas than the Ram and much more luxurious, too.

Nice! You got it all back together. :clap:

lol
I imagine a Town Car would be hurt very much the same way, they're built identically.

If you had taken a video and run it backwards, it would be like Christine. :D
Similar damage when my FIL hit a deer with a 95 Towncar.
Didn't total it out by any means, but cost insurance quite a lot to put the car right.
Like your Caddi, a towncar doesn't just "swerve" to miss things.
Stopping is an option, but foot to the floor for more momentum might not be bad either.

It's been an interesting project, but I'm happy with the results. There's still some things I need to fine tune, but it's road legal now.

The hood ornament and the tradition of ownership medallion are both from before the accident. The hood had no ornament on it when I bought it and no medallion on the grille. The hood was also black. Mark did a great job painting it, and it didn't cost me anything, since my dad surprised me by paying for it as a Christmas gift.

The medallion, ironically enough, ended up inside the rear part of the bumper when the grille exploded into a million pieces. They're kinda unique items, not every Caddy has them and they have a roman numeral for how many Cadillacs you've owned. The original owner of mine had apparently been a Cadillac fan, since this was his fifth one.

Maguire

Practically Family
Very happy to have her back on the road. Much easier on gas than the Ram and much more luxurious, too.

lol
I imagine a Town Car would be hurt very much the same way, they're built identically.

It's been an interesting project, but I'm happy with the results. There's still some things I need to fine tune, but it's road legal now.

The hood ornament and the tradition of ownership medallion are both from before the accident. The hood had no ornament on it when I bought it and no medallion on the grille. The hood was also black. Mark did a great job painting it, and it didn't cost me anything, since my dad surprised me by paying for it as a Christmas gift.

The medallion, ironically enough, ended up inside the rear part of the bumper when the grille exploded into a million pieces. They're kinda unique items, not every Caddy has them and they have a roman numeral for how many Cadillacs you've owned. The original owner of mine had apparently been a Cadillac fan, since this was his fifth one.

Very nice- yeah the early 90s really saw the end of those big land yachts, Cadillac changed its look even before Lincoln did. I try to avoid anything on the road but in NYC the most you clip are raccoons or squirrels.. no damage done. I hit a raccoon once, thing ran right out infront of a pickup i was driving. Felt a bit of a bump and got out to see if there was anything i could do but eh, it was too late. Felt awful for the poor thing but what can you do, sometimes no matter how careful it happens. With a deer i imagine its many times more difficult to avoid, even with a car with far better handling than a caddy or a towncar. ..

Very nice- yeah the early 90s really saw the end of those big land yachts, Cadillac changed its look even before Lincoln did. I try to avoid anything on the road but in NYC the most you clip are raccoons or squirrels.. no damage done. I hit a raccoon once, thing ran right out infront of a pickup i was driving. Felt a bit of a bump and got out to see if there was anything i could do but eh, it was too late. Felt awful for the poor thing but what can you do, sometimes no matter how careful it happens. With a deer i imagine its many times more difficult to avoid, even with a car with far better handling than a caddy or a towncar. ..

I go faster for raccoons and squirrels. :p

Yeah, Caddy, well GM, did away with the body-on-frame, RWD cars in 1996, killing off the Chevy Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, and Cadillac Fleetwood. An end of an era in cars. FoMoCo plugged along with the Panther Platform, finally putting the Crown Vic, Town Car, and Grand Marquis to rest, in 2011. It's a shame, there's been a lot of angry people, especially in Police, Taxi, and Livery services over the discontinuation of Crown Vics and Town Cars. The Grand Marquis was Mercury's flagship model, so they did away with the brand altogether.

I hit a raccoon with my Grand Marquis Colony Park, but luckily, it was between the wheels when I went over it, he scampered away, though he looked very confused.

Deer are tough. In my situation, even if I missed one, I was gonna hit the other. One rolled onto my hood and the other under the car. Had four of them run in front of me today, luckily I was going 25. Didn't see a one on the highway, get 4 block from my house and there's four right in town.

Yeah, Caddy, well GM, did away with the body-on-frame, RWD cars in 1996, killing off the Chevy Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, and Cadillac Fleetwood. An end of an era in cars. FoMoCo plugged along with the Panther Platform, finally putting the Crown Vic, Town Car, and Grand Marquis to rest, in 2011. It's a shame, there's been a lot of angry people, especially in Police, Taxi, and Livery services over the discontinuation of Crown Vics and Town Cars. The Grand Marquis was Mercury's flagship model, so they did away with the brand altogether.

I hit a raccoon with my Grand Marquis Colony Park, but luckily, it was between the wheels when I went over it, he scampered away, though he looked very confused.

Deer are tough. In my situation, even if I missed one, I was gonna hit the other. One rolled onto my hood and the other under the car. Had four of them run in front of me today, luckily I was going 25. Didn't see a one on the highway, get 4 block from my house and there's four right in town.

I hate the fact that they have done away with the RWD big cars GM and Ford used to produce. You know that cabs and such now use SUVs and vans for the job that was once handled by those cars. I can't wait to see SUV police cars. :p
I aim for raccoons with my wheels. :p
Carry your hunting rifle with you when you drive. You can do two things at once out there. lol lol

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Ford's new Interceptor CAN come with 365hp and all wheel drive, but it's not on the initial package.
So much for cutting up a field to get away from the cops. :)
Dodge has a rwd model, but (here goes that debate) I see quite a few of them out of commission.
Chevy has a Caprice that they say is not a Pontiac G 8 platform, even though it can come with a 355hp V-8 and it's rwd.
BTW I've seen a lot of the Police SUV's around town. Lowered AND fast? Where do I sign up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy