Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage clothing: when is enough, enough?

GILDA

Clothing doesnt hold as much weight to me..

I love retro clothing but the deal is, you have to have the make up and hair down or you just cant carry it. Think about it. You can buy hundreds of dollars in vintage clothes but not have a clue on cosmetics and hair, and you know what people will think? They wont think retro, they will think poor girl shopping at the thrift store. Now when you wear those clothes and have the hair and makep down to a T, thats when people say "OOOHH, you are like from the forties or something." Hair and make up is everything. If you can get that down, you can be in sweats, with your bright red lipstick and rolls in your hair and people will see "retro." I know I live it. I generally wear modern clothes, the retro is for special occasions ( but Im a sucker for vintage bathing suits and shoes, I go wild with those) Anyhow, Ill have my hair and make up retro, clothes modern, and people still say "you look like Rita Hayworth." I was in the mall with my husband and kids in jeans and a tight tank top and wedges, but the makeup retro and a man was drawing pictures by hand. He was old, and he said, "Can I draw you, you remind me of Rita Hayworth" He didnt even notice my clothes. It was my face and hair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore