Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Creatives

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
Auguste Herbin, 1911
2fbe62d62fdb70057b083b1ca7270e2b.jpg

Picasso, 1904
2ec21f4049ee2740b39f56445d5c31c3.jpg

Bauhaus architecture students, late 20's
fd98108ec046b31d1cabeb55cb338572.jpg

The Bauhaus band, I guess around the same time as above
ce66a459b65bfd9e766108b326bba8a0.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
There is something of a little bit of madness when it comes to the artist mind, be they a painter, writer, musician, sculptor or photographer. They are a little freer from the conventions of society. They don't feel the absolute need to fit in and stand apart as a byproduct of their free thinking. They create some of the most stunning visuals,a and they themselves are a work of art.

Ansel Adams
adams_0010.jpg

Edith head
main2_3006139a.jpg

Salvador Dali
salvador-dali-artist-painter-1959.jpg

Django Reinhardt
django.jpg

Ernest Hemingway
Hem.jpg

They stood apart, and in some ways led the way. They didn't see how they were as embarrassing, but as iconic, as part of the art that they themselves created.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Djuna Barnes
barnes3.jpg

A young Salvador Dali & Man Ray
Man_Ray_Salvador_Dali.jpg

Luis Bunuel
luis-bunuel_01.jpg

I myself enjoy having the abstract mind of an artist. I have to say working in the very linear industry of land surveying is ver strangling at times. I only wished that my art made enough money to pay the bills so I could get out of that world and embrace being an artist.
I like how these minds carried themselves and didn't worry about pleasing another and having to fit in.

Cheers!

Dan

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I remember correctly, Warhol began dressing in that outfit, which he wore all the time right through the early '70's, after his trip to L.A. in the late "60's. If you look at photos of the acid-rock California bands of that time (The Dead, Jefferson Airplane, etc.) you'll see it very often. I always understood that it was Brian Jones (of the Stones) who had had an enormous impact on the hipsters of that time and place during the Stones' 1965-66 tour.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I mention all of this because I still dress in very much that Warhol look to this day. It particularly suits a warm climate and is a very functional outfit. In fact, Warhol discusses it in his book, "From A to B and Back Again."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider