Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Electric Hat Stretcher...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
In spite of what happened a few days ago, I'm listing this stretcher here as I'd rather offer it to a lounger first and avoid going to ebay, site that I don't really enjoy. Once more, please let's avoid the distasteful stuff that happened in my previous ad. I beg you that if you have a comment, question or opinion not related to this item, please use the PM function. Please.

I'm selling some of my hat equipment, mostly pieces that I have more than one. This is a vintage hat stretcher in great condition. Until we moved to our new place, not too long ago, it used to heat just fine. Now, when I plug it in, the red outside light turns on but it doesn't heat up. Also the on/off switch is not powering the unit on or off. What I mean is that it's always on when you plug it to the wall. My feeling is that some of the internal wiring might need some re-work. I am not good with electricity, so I am not going to touch it. In this condition similar stretchers sometimes go for a more than what I'd like to get for it. These are great for minor blocking jobs and reduce taper in crowns.
$260 + actual shipping. USA and International though that might cost a ton since it's heavy. Once again, please keep this thread related to the ad.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
I would love to have this, Ale, but I just bought two hats and a Hallet stretcher. I'm gonna have a hard time explaining them to SWMBO, so this is out of the question right now. Good luck with the sale, it is an awesome piece of equipment.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Aureliano,
If I were to win this on ebay (which I'd only be able to do if it goes relatively cheaply) would you mind me picking it up in person?

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner