Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Fall Crazy?

Foofoogal

Banned
Getting much cooler so really Fall crazy now.
Would love to see some Fall outfits or discuss what one thinks of when they think Fall clothing? I think plaid and cardigans of course.

Kiri

One of the Regulars
I love the colors that come with Fall. In clothes and in your surroundings. Mustards, burgandies, browns, cinnamons, plum . . . rich deep colors. :)

Foofoogal

Banned
I think it is because I have moved to Arkansas and the colors up here are so wonderful in the Fall.
I think I am going to do a whole blog about plaid today.
A few years back I also went to Scotland and found our family Tartan so since then am in overdrive in the Fall to wear plaid. lol
Went to a girls day this weekend and all got manis and pedis with Fall colors. :D

tuppencehapenny

New in Town
I don't feel that autumn colours do much for me, so I go straight into winter jewel tones - pillarbox red, forest green, navy blue. And of course I love me a good tartan! I'm planning to sew a tartan jumper dress - although at the rate I sew, it's more likely to be ready in time for next autumn!

I don't like cold weather at all, but I'm consoling myself with the thought of wearing suits and wool jumper dresses!

annet

One of the Regulars
i look very dull in most autumn colors (i tend to dress in blue, red, grey, white and the occasional black) but i do love the season: it's warm enough to be outside without feeling icecold all the time but not too warm!

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Kiri said:
I love the colors that come with Fall. In clothes and in your surroundings. Mustards, burgandies, browns, cinnamons, plum . . . rich deep colors. :)

Same here! I adore rich, deep colours as well as jewel toned ones. Give me my burgandies, plums, purples, mustards, blood red and navy any day! none of this pastel business.

I also adore scarves, hats, lights, boots, gloves and coats. If i had the money I would have a whole closet full of coats!....and people wonder why I want to live in Finland lol

Puzzicato

One Too Many
tuppencehapenny said:
I don't feel that autumn colours do much for me, so I go straight into winter jewel tones - pillarbox red, forest green, navy blue. And of course I love me a good tartan! I'm planning to sew a tartan jumper dress - although at the rate I sew, it's more likely to be ready in time for next autumn!

Me too - my winter wardrobe tends to be mostly charcoal and black with the odd but of pillarbox red and cobalt blue.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I love autumn colors and outfits, I am an autumn so it makes sense I guess, although I can't wear all autumn colors - no mustard for me unfortunately - but for me it's all about warmth and elegance in earthy colours (think copper, rust, olive green, chocolate brown, maroon) with teals and purples thrown in for good measure. I have a weakness for the equestrian look - not based on any trend, it's just something I've always liked. This week I've put together some inspirational boards around this look on my blog, 2 released 1 still to be published.
I also love plaid, again one of those things I've always been attracted to, and I just purchased a plaid jacket from ebay, can't wait to get it, though is not in autumn colors I really hope it will work for me. :confused: Gosh I'm starting to get worried now...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
What's this...? Me trying to revive another dead thread... again! At this point I think I should change my profession from Burlesque Entertainer to Necromancer!

I know for most of us -- these past 2 years have pretty much put our lives on hold in one way or another. I am no exception to that. In fact, it's my ease into laziness that has me even more nostalgic and anxious to hold onto every moment that unnoticeably passes by.

I find myself struggling with being able to ambrace the Autumn Season and not wanting to let it go. What I mean by that is in Las Vegas, there is hardly anything that wold have anyone thinking fall (it's still hitting the 80s here), so it's hard for me to embrace and experience the season, but at the same time I don't want to just accept that now that Halloween is over we are supposed to be in a Holly Jolly mood.

Anyone else? I wrote a small bit about it and found inspiration in some seasoned pinups over on my blog VintageStarlet Please give it a read if you will.

xoxo
~Lolita

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I don't like fall. I'm in the minority, I know lol. I hate it when it gets dark earlier and I have to rake and clean the chicken coop and I can't hang my clothes outside to dry for much longer.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I'm not a fan of the early sunset either, but I still like the idea of fall. It's just hard to embrace it when I can still go outside in a tshirt, shorts, and my jelly shoes.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I see what you mean, I like summer more, but fall looks beautiful from inside your home :)

Hahaha Yeah -- I struggle, but I know darn well if it were autumnal cold here, I too would rather enjoy it from inside my house. Heck, it's the middle of winter right now and I went outside in basically the same as my "fall" outfit of a tshirt, shorts, and jellies. LOL That's not to say it doesn't get cold here. It's just not a picturesque cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff