Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage fans

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
So the other day I said to myself, "Self, you need a new fan. This old 80's vintage one is plumb wore out." So of course I decided it should be a vintage one. So of course I started looking on Ebay for a classic Vornado. Well, one thing lead to another (as it often does), and I'm still ogling vintage Vornados, but I also started Googling vintage fans. I found this guy's web site, and I thought I'd share it.
Now I know we have lots of vintage car enthusiasts, and I know at least one vintage vacuum cleaner enthusiast here. I'm starting to think there should be some sort of new forum for vintage technology enthusiasts in general, cars, vacuum cleaners, radios, washing machines, clocks, refrigerators, phones, toasters (oh, the gorgeous vintage toasters on Ebay!!!).
Anyway, here's one vintage fan enthusiast's blog:
http://www.hudsonscustommachining.com/

Blonde

New in Town
That is fantastic! Looks like something that came straight out of an old detective film. Thank you for sharing this.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have eight vintage fans in various states of repair. Does the guy behind that web site do repair work for hire, or does he only restore fans he owns?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
He does. If you follow one of the links he explains how he operates. Like many of these types of guys, he has way more projects going on than he can handle. But I do believe he does repairs, or could direct you to someone who could do it. There is, of course, a vintage fan enthusiast association. Who knew?

Feraud

Bartender
I'm starting to think there should be some sort of new forum for vintage technology enthusiasts in general, cars, vacuum cleaners, radios, washing machines, clocks, refrigerators, phones, toasters (oh, the gorgeous vintage toasters on Ebay!!!).
Vintage tech. A great idea!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, on the subject of Vintage Tech, I always say that the thing that's so cool about all the vintage technologies I mentioned above is that with properly refurbished gadgets, old machines can be just as useful and efficient (sometimes eben more efficient as in the case of refrigerators) as modern ones. That's what makes them so cool.

It's funny, when I was in high school, I bought one of those Holmes vintage looking desk fans (my parents wouldn't let me plug anything old in for fear of fire) and while it still works, you have to hit it to get it to turn on. I have a ton of fans in my house from the 50's and 60's. Probably 12 or so. They all work except one and have many years on that Holmes desk fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21