Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Finnish Leather Jackets

Defektor

New in Town
So I purchased this Friitala leather jacket recently. Am I correct to say that it is a post-1946 production of the pre-war "Paraati"-jacket and similar to the ones worn by the pilots in some of the pictures in thus thread?

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_224312.jpg
    IMG_20170114_224312.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 1,121

Mangrove

One of the Regulars
Am I correct to say that it is a post-1946 production of the pre-war "Paraati"-jacket and similar to the ones worn by the pilots in some of the pictures in thus thread?

Your jacket is a M-17 made by the Friitala probably during the 1950s or early 1960s. It's was made either in cowhide or sheep-/lambskin with cotton beaverteen lining. According to a 1956 catalogue I have, it was "especially favoured by the motorists". The main difference to pre-war "Paraati" seems to have been the number of buttons.

Defektor

New in Town
Your jacket is a M-17 made by the Friitala probably during the 1950s or early 1960s. It's was made either in cowhide or sheep-/lambskin with cotton beaverteen lining. According to a 1956 catalogue I have, it was "especially favoured by the motorists". The main difference to pre-war "Paraati" seems to have been the number of buttons.

Hey, thanks!

Would you happen to have a scan of that catalogue? I'd love to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner