Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Gold! Jimbo leather cafe racer.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Re-opening this thread from 2019, as I just found another Jimbo jacket! @ton312 do you still have your "baseball glove" jacket these days?

I was browsing around on ebay late last week and found this jacket, which appears to be a black version of the same make & model of "Jimbo" leather jacket. This one has the same name tag made out of leather, with a small "48" tag above it. It's a rather small 48 if it ever was one. However this jacket, with its YKK main and sleeve zippers, appears to be an 1980's special. Full disclosure, before anyone sees it, its sleeves and center of the back have quite a few Harley Owners Group patches. These range in dates from 1987 - 1993, which are years I was later in high school and nearly through Undergraduate university studies. So no issue there. At first, I thought I would be hitting up Dena to see about removing all the patches and just deal with the holes. After receiving it, I think I'll leave them, they are kind of fun, colorful and not a festival of skulls, which I do not care for.

Getting past all that, the jacket itself is something really special. Sure it's a bit short in the arms & torso, but I can wear it and zip it up. But the construction, the leather, it's something to behold. Perfectly broken in, with no bad odors, just very well kept. The leather is a cross between old school Vanson competition weight but lighter, more like the Vicenza HH that Aero uses. This jacket is 5.5 lbs of very wearable, comfortable leather. It also has a neat teacore effect in the back & upper shoulders, well earned from riding many miles with the sun on this original owner's back. Actually makes we want to get on a bike myself and get it back on the open road. This jacket appears to have the same seam-construction, the same very nicely shaped western "V" on the back, as well as the double leather at the shoulders and end of the arms. Nice simple back lining that appears to be a polyester version of "Drill" similar to a cotton drill.

Dang! I really am temped to see if Aero would re-produce this jacket in something that fit just a little closer...This one appears to be around a size "42". Fits well over the shoulders and down the back, but a bit sort in other areas.

Anyone else ever run across another one of these jackets by "Jimbo?" It's just so neatly constructed, I want to preserve it for sure.

Here's the jacket...

DSC_0981.JPG
DSC_0989.JPG
DSC_0994.JPG
DSC_0991.JPG DSC_0986.JPG DSC_0985.JPG DSC_0996.JPG DSC_0995.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0984.JPG
    DSC_0984.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0983.JPG
    DSC_0983.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 21