Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage Hamilton Beach Home Motor 1917

green papaya

One Too Many
6081f45b.jpg

07855d3e.jpg

5b207364.jpg

592f3d13.jpg

here's my recent flea market find, a vintage Hamilton Beah Home Motor, I think it's a neat little piece of history for $3.00 plus the motor still works! :p

patented May 15, 1917

115 AC DC VOLTS

made by the Hamilton Beach MFG Co. Rancine Wis USA

it was used to power sewing machines

for whipping / blending

it fans

it sharpens knives

it could also be used to polish silverware

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
That poster of the Gibson Girl holding the motor with the list of random uses is Awesome! :D You don't happen to have a hi-res version do you? That'd be GREAT to poster-print & hang by the workbench...

So, Green Papaya, are you going to try actually using it?

Swing High,
- C H

green papaya

One Too Many
Cousin Hepcat said:
That poster of the Gibson Girl holding the motor with the list of random uses is Awesome! :D You don't happen to have a hi-res version do you? That'd be GREAT to poster-print & hang by the workbench...

So, Green Papaya, are you going to try actually using it?

Swing High,
- C H

I havent seen the Hires poster?

I just use the motor for display, it looks neat just the way it is, since it has it's own stand, this home motor was state of the arts back in 1917 [high tech]

lol

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
I read this as Motor Home....and wondered how I had never heard that Hamilton Beach made them back then.:eusa_doh:

I obviously need a nap or something.

I did the same thing! lol I thought, "Wow! Green Papaya is really going to travel in style!"

How 'bout that fan option? That sure looks safe. Nothing like putting whirling steel blades on your table. "Honey, can you please pass the salt? Whoops! Now where did that finger go?"

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
green papaya said:
6de3c109.jpg

another old advertisement for the Hamilton Beach home motor

ea96ff67.jpg

Not the same exact motor, but here is how it was used in practice:

motor.jpg

This is my sewing machine- it was converted from a treadle design using this motor. To convert it, the belt that ran to the foot treadle was simply run to the "new" motor, which is bolted on the side here, along with one of those new-fangled electric lights!. ;)
Runs like a charm, but I can't say I use it often.

Rosie

One Too Many
lol I read "motor home" too. I was thinking, "wow, that's awesome, where'd he find someting like that?" lol

I love this little gizmo and the ad is great. Did one just "plug" it into the appliance it was going to power? So interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy