Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage HH jackets Buco J24

CCA

New in Town
Just happened to see a thread talking about such. I've been a jacket collector for more years than many of you have been alive. I own, and have owned many of the very top brands available today, and they are great.
But, say what you will, the finest quality that I own and wear regularly, is a 1954 J24. The details, fit and quality of the HH is above reproach. I have no Idea how the leather was created, but it ages unlike anything today. None of the scaling at the edges, and is the butter soft that we all talk about. My wearer is regularly treated with Obenauf's, but the best one that I have ( a 1954,sz46,which is a tad small for me ) has never been treated and is sublime, moist and butter soft.
I respect the great new maker's, but keep taking profile pictures for the 30 years and you'll still not see leather like these 60-70yr. old gems. Just saying........

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Would be a pleasure to see some pictures of this jacket and any other’s you care to share with us. It’s seldom to see those treasures time tested in life.
Thank you
Bowen
Ps: and welcome to the lounge CCA

CCA

New in Town
Would be a pleasure to see some pictures of this jacket and any other’s you care to share with us. It’s seldom to see those treasures time tested in life.
Thank you
Bowen
Ps: and welcome to the lounge CCA

I'll shoot some for you all in the net few days. The real beauty will be when some one shoots it in another 60 or 70 yrs. With just a little care it will be so much better yet. I laid the sz46 on my dining room table a day or so ago and the whole area around it has that rich, wonderful HH aroma after 65yrs! Hope one day I find the right person to own, wear, understand and cherish it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I'll shoot some for you all in the net few days. The real beauty will be when some one shoots it in another 60 or 70 yrs. With just a little care it will be so much better yet. I laid the sz46 on my dining room table a day or so ago and the whole area around it has that rich, wonderful HH aroma after 65yrs! Hope one day I find the right person to own, wear, understand and cherish it.
Look forward to your heirlooms! Hoping my boy will enjoy mine.
Bowen

CCA

New in Town
Bowen
Hope you teach you boy to have very good taste. It only takes a credit card (and a smart phone) to buy something. It takes a lifetime (and a lot of time) to appreciate and find the absolute best, that should probably be taught and passed on yet again.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Well, I would sure love to see some 120-130 year old leather jackets that have actually survived and are wearable. For all the talk we talk here about heirloom jackets being handed down generations, we really don't get to see all that much beyond the WII era, and most of those are considered to be too valuable or too delicate to wear anymore.

ksozay

One Too Many
Here are my two Bucos

1f3fdec35edb453c6cd41db0e5400f14.jpg

d54ed413cbfa0d02f6481fc464b118bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCA

New in Town
Bowen
Bowen
Well, I would sure love to see some 120-130 year old leather jackets that have actually survived and are wearable. For all the talk we talk here about heirloom jackets being handed down generations, we really don't get to see all that much beyond the WII era, and most of those are considered to be too valuable or too delicate to wear anymore.

I wear the 1954 on a regular basis, and it is way better than it was 10 or so years ago when I got it. The tanning process was obviously somewhat different back then. I use Obenauf's regularly on that one, and when I throw it down on the floor it folds up like tissue. BTW, I do like yours a bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy