Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage horsehide car jacket

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Hey everyone, I'm on the look out for a vintage horsehide car/trucker/barnstormer type jacket. I was wondering if any one has one they may be willing to sell, or even know of someone that may have what I'm looking for... I lost out on on this auction the other day:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25088265160...ee-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_1361

I'm looking for something almost identical to this jacket...lining, buttons, buttoned strap over the cuff and all...

Thanks for any help guys.

-Mario

D

Deleted member 16736

Crazy price. I am in the market for a very similar jacket. It's a nice style and looks practical. Aero's Barnstormer with tab cuffs modification is probably your best best. Eastman has a Luftwaffe WWI Flying Coat, which though very nice, is unwearable in my book because of the label they won't take off (but you could). Also, Lost Worlds has a Bedford Coat that's more than the Aero but very nice as well. I will note that the leather in this coat is probably 3-3.5 oz, not the 4+ oz. weight of the LW or Aero leather. Eastman's leather is a more wearable weight. A coat this big will weigh a ton in a super-heavy hide. Aero has lighter weight hides you can investigate.

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Crazy price. I am in the market for a very similar jacket. It's a nice style and looks practical. Aero's Barnstormer with tab cuffs modification is probably your best best. Eastman has a Luftwaffe WWI Flying Coat, which though very nice, is unwearable in my book because of the label they won't take off (but you could). Also, Lost Worlds has a Bedford Coat that's more than the Aero but very nice as well. I will note that the leather in this coat is probably 3-3.5 oz, not the 4+ oz. weight of the LW or Aero leather. Eastman's leather is a more wearable weight. A coat this big will weigh a ton in a super-heavy hide. Aero has lighter weight hides you can investigate.

I've been checking out Aero and LW as of late..but at the moment, I have my heart set on a true vintage piece. Maybe it's a fools hope though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24