Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hunting Clothes

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Interesting stuff here. I'm going to a dove hunt tomorrow. Its opening day and about fifty guys will be at my friend's farm by daylight. But if I showed up dressed the way these advertisements depict...I'm sure I'd be hunting alone. Everyone else would...slowly...move...to the other side...of the field. :eeek:

AF

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Interesting stuff here. I'm going to a dove hunt tomorrow. Its opening day and about fifty guys will be at my friend's farm by daylight. But if I showed up dressed the way these advertisements depict...I'm sure I'd be hunting alone. Everyone else would...slowly...move...to the other side...of the field. :eeek:

AF

This is indeed very interesting material I would wear & the heck with the rest...:D

Almost that time!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378422058195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378422058195.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 352

Dedrick

New in Town
Here are a few of mine. '30s or '40s Harmor Wool Cruiser and my favorite, '50s Drybak made in Binghamton NY, Woolrich Jac-shirt. Why can't I upload attachments here? PHOTOS

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Here are a few of mine. '30s or '40s Harmor Wool Cruiser and my favorite, '50s Drybak made in Binghamton NY. Why can't I upload attachments here? PHOTOS

I can see your attachments. If you cannot, check the following !

Go to Settings.
Next under My Account click on "General Settings"
Go to " Thread Display Options".
Check the box that reads " Show Images (including attached images and
images in code)
Hopefully that will allow you to view your images .

[/SIZE][FONT=arial black][COLOR=#daa520][/COLOR][/FONT]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
This Woolrich coat is from the late 1930s. While the changes are subtle between pre-war and post-war Woolrich coats, the '30s examples are surprisingly hard to find. This one has the old style label, with a different layout and without the (R) found on coats of the '40s and newer. It has the asymmetrical breast pockets, which would be dropped a couple decades later. Woolrich was an early adopter of zippers on their game pouches- this one has a late '30s Talon. Later on they switched back to a simpler buttoned game pocket design.

budrichard

Familiar Face
Filson has finally started digging back into their early catalogue
Aq0RiGz.jpg

This is a similar Filson (Style 70), still being manufactured as STYLE # 10074.
It is the Dry Tin Cruiser with lapels and double shoulder fabric.
It is available still in numbered sizes. -Dick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 362

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member