Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage in wienna

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
Hello dear ladies! Im going to Wienna for a honeymoon next Sunday to Wednesday and wonder If any one knows some vintage stores or other vintage like things to do or see?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I'm not one of the ladies, but perhaps I could help.

I love Vienna, its one of my favorite cities.

Here is a link with several vintage stores. The ones I visited were Flo and VIV which are not far from the area by the Naschmarket where I normally stay. Both when I went had decent women's 1920-50 vintage.

http://www.wien.info/en/lifestyle-sc...ion#mapWrapper

Do not forget to visit some nice historic cafes (Sperl is my favorite)!

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
How lovely getting answer from a "Wienna pro" ;)
Sadly i couldn't make the link to work but maybe it is possible to ask around the district? Are the inhabitants (can I say so?) friendly and helpfull? I don't speak German, only English and French like a toddler...

We will stay at the Mozart hotell at JULIUS-TANDLER-PLATZ 4, I have no idea where there is though I can se it is close to the river, I was told that it is wery central. Do you know if naschmarket near?
Is there plenty of historic cafe's? Were is Sperl and what era is it?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Oops here a link that might work:
http://www.wien.info/en/lifestyle-scene/trendy/vintage-vienna-second-hand-fashion

There was another thread on David Raphael's trip you might find interesting: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?66718-Vienna-amp-quot-The-Third-Man-quot&

In my own experience the people were generally very helpful and freindly and almost everyone spoke English very well. Like many cities with lots of tourism there are some pushy tourist traps and touts selling things, but not bad on the whole.

I'm not personally familiar with that hotel or that area but it looks north of the city center (google maps just have me a 40min travel time walking from the hotel to St. Stephensdome Catherdral (essentially the city center).

More on cafe Sperl: http://www.cafesperl.at/

There are many, many great historic cafes. Most date form late 19th century/early 20th century. Some are tourist traps, some still have a nice traditional feel.
Vienna is wonderful if you like both Baroque and Art Nouveau/Successionist art and architecture.

SwingingSeamstress

New in Town
In case you arrive there earlier I´d like to recommand this party Boheme Sauvage Wien. It´s a coopereation between Else Edelstahl who started this party in Berlin and Louise, a local vintage lover. The party will take place in a wonderful art nouveau villa and I would certainly go if I would be in the area.

Besides that the MAK museum will open their Wien 1900 and Art Deco exhibition again in November.

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
Thank you Chasseur for all the links! Especially the first one complete with addresses and all was very helpful.
It think it will be even more fun to stroll around now with some help to find shops and such.
Some thing I'd really would like to see is the Spanish riding-school and the Augarten garden and of course architecture, it is always interesting as I think it is almost the most interesting part of experience a town.

Last edited:

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
In case you arrive there earlier I´d like to recommand this party Boheme Sauvage Wien. It´s a coopereation between Else Edelstahl who started this party in Berlin and Louise, a local vintage lover. The party will take place in a wonderful art nouveau villa and I would certainly go if I would be in the area.

Besides that the MAK museum will open their Wien 1900 and Art Deco exhibition again in November.

Now you make me wish I married this weekend ;) I would love to see the show, I hope we make it to the museum instead, it seems to be in my taste!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24