Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lamp Bases

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I have just started buying vintage lamp bases and would love to see pics of what you have and also how you coordinate differing lamps in one room, if possible.

This came with a fiberglass shade but I put it on a newish floor lamp I have. The owner at the yard sale said it was from the 1940's.

image1zr2.jpg

I went to Goodwill today to drop off some things and saw this lamp. It seemed like a steal at $7.95. I love it.

lampht0.jpg

It looks like it is hand painted, and similar to a Capodimonte lamp.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
True to habit, I'll post some refernce pics of lamps I've handled.

Alabaster pheasants:

64941-1.jpg

A darker albaster - this is quite charming, I think. Probably German Jugendstil:

62318-5.jpg

And a plainer version:

63887-9.jpg

A few art deco porcelain ones, all three from the same maker, mid-to-late thirties:

62989-5.jpg

32709-3.jpg

32709-7.jpg

Here's a Viennese "palm"-type, in high orientalism:

60721-13.jpg

And a chrome art deco sailboat:

60319-1.jpg

Here's an odd one; it was allegedly made as a present from Il Duce to one of his Ethiopian proconsuls, in an "African" style. By one of the makers in Murano, Venice:

35393-1.jpg

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Here's a real rarity; it's a prototype for Poul Henningsen's "PH" lamps, made pre-production and given to a professor of architecture, a friend of the designer. The later production models were, unsurprisingly, nicknamed the "question mark":

30766-1.jpg

Four types in sterling silver, the first one is a Peruvian souvenir from the fifties:

36246-1.jpg

33989-2.jpg

34257-1.jpg

35150-1.jpg

...and finally an oddity in turned pinewood:

52552-10.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Fab lamps chap. I have a ton of lamps but I don't put them on as shipping is high usually.
I sold this cool one to a person in France. It took me forever to find a box. This was before shipping went up so high though.
Cool 40s.
522.jpg

522A.jpg

a chrome art deco sailboat:
I like this one best but the pine turnwood one is fantastic as well. I wonder if that is made of what is called the heart of the pine. Interesting. I love treenware also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner