Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Lamps

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Here are a few lamps around our house, most are family heirlooms. The first is this solid brass lamp that was in my grandfathers house. He purchased the house in 1934, the lamp had been left by the previous owners.

P1000728.jpg

P1000729.jpg

This one was my wifes grandmothers, we guess early 50's, maybe late 40's

P1000727.jpg

This capice shell lamp, came from the Philippines in the late 50's

P1000740.jpg

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Thanks BB, my mother in law has a matching one in white. She offered it a year or so ago, but we have yet to figure out where we would put it. I am sure my wife will soon figure it out and solve this dilemma. :rolleyes:

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
the tiered fiberglass shades are great. There's some great places on the internet that sell authentic shades. Try www.moonshineshades.com (here in Texas, but I'm sure they'll ship anywhere) Also www.deadlynightshades.com sells these too. A great source for vintage tv lamps (which I love) is www.tvlamps.net.
Also a bit :eek:fftopic: but does anyone know how to make the tiered shades? I know the materials and have sort of an idea on this but want to talk to someone who has done it before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy