Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage lipstick

Cricket

Practically Family
Martini Slayer said:
Hey Ladies, I was just passing by here, and this thread caught my eye. Do you ladies want to see a vintage lipstick? This lipstick was bought by my grandma after my mom was born in 1947!

My grandma gave it to me in 1987 when she was cleaning out an old makeup case. The casing, I can't figure out what it is, but it has not lost it's original gold tone and is really heavy! There is no plastic on this piece of jewelry whatsoever! Even the inner twist pin is solid whatever.

You also will not see intricate engravings like this on any lipstick case today. It has a very definite waxy smell, and it stains EVERYTHING it comes into contact with! LOL Just ask my friend Fredo about that. *oops* :D

I love this lipstick! In over 60 years it has not even gone bad. I still wear it on special vintage occasions.

2594009674_45e3f4fd46.jpg

I found some of my grandmother's old lipsticks, and the cases are just as interesting as the shades themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner