Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

Another place I'd love to eat or drink in. I'm thinking early '60s, a tiki echo and women whose jackets, skirts, shoes and pocketbooks all matched in the same pastel color.

afd0f9dacb120c91ebd500ae3d363e13-2.jpg

3fingers

One Too Many
Feeling an echo of "Mildred Pierce," how much would you love to tuck into this place on a cold, snowy night for a chicken dinner and, I'll bet, some great pie for dessert?

View attachment 112616
I'm not sure when it happened that chicken lost it's place as the meal to serve to company or the fried chicken as a restaurant specialty but it did lose that spot. Strange how perceptions change.

I'm not sure when it happened that chicken lost it's place as the meal to serve to company or the fried chicken as a restaurant specialty but it did lose that spot. Strange how perceptions change.

I wonder about this too, in part, because we eat a lot of chicken. I've read that as chicken got cheaper over time, it lost its feeling of being a "special" event meal, but that, IMHO, can't be the full explanation. And could chicken really have been that expensive relative to other meats in the past if modest looking chicken dinner restaurants seemed to have been quite common (certainly more than steakhouses)?

I wonder about this too, in part, because we eat a lot of chicken. I've read that as chicken got cheaper over time, it lost its feeling of being a "special" event meal, but that, IMHO, can't be the full explanation. And could chicken really have been that expensive relative to other meats in the past if modest looking chicken dinner restaurants seemed to have been quite common (certainly more than steakhouses)?

My mother used to speak of a time when eating fried chicken from a restaurant was a novelty (at least around here), as it was previously home cooking. Probably, thanks to the Col and his pressure cooking techniques, it became easier to mass market after a while and hence, more ubiquitous.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21