Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage odor removal

robrinay

One Too Many
I don't know about Natures Miracle but many enzyme products have warnings on the pack saying 'not to be used on leather'. Enzymes digest organic material. White vinegar removes lots of bad smells including cat pee. I'd first try washing with a mild detergent rinsing and drying away from direct heat - stuffing the inside with screwed up newspaper and replacing it as it absorbed moisture. It's usually best to try gentle methods before moving on to less gentle methods.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
a liberal sprinkling with Sodium Bicarb ( or buy a couple of the little bags you get for removal of odor from your fridge from the supermarket ) ..... works every time.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I used Nature's Miracle on the interior cotton lining arm pit area of a leather jacket that had pit stench entrenched. Worked very well after drying and allowing the enzymes to do their thing over the course of a week. The enzymes do need time even post drying to facilitate the death of organic bad smells.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
The baking soda works on my fridge and does work... but I find it can be a little messy sometimes with Garments and Textiles...Still works though pretty good, I use lavender in my foot lockers of flight helmets to keep the smell nice and keep the moths out, that's a time old trick.

Last edited:

kabilboy

New in Town
Hmm, it is pretty hard to remove the odor of old leather shoes. If used leather shoes have a terrible odor, only special shoe deodorants will help deal with the problem. Such goods eliminate the smell of sweat and bacteria, providing shoes and boots with a pleasant aroma. Also, you could try leaving the outside for a more extended period of time. I heard that wrapping shoes in an old newspaper might also do the trick or using strong sprays like a weed odor eliminator on them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails