Vintage Pattern WANTED list

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Honey Doll, Sep 12, 2008.

1. crwritt

crwritt One Too Many

This is so smart, and economical. I've used clear plastic trash bags for draping,
    I like it since you can see through!

2. MirandaFern

MirandaFern Familiar Face

I am seeking Simplicity 1138
    [​IMG]

I found a copy on ebay, but someone is bidding against me and I'm afraid of being sniped at the last minute (which happened last time), and as much as I'd like to camp out with my computer for 4 days....

I'm not terribly concerned about size (although a 16 or 18 would be splendid.)

3. palespider

palespider One of the Regulars

i have not seen one but i sure hope one is out there- a 40's suite pattern for a 46-48 bust and 38 waist. Would really love to own one if anyone is looking to de-stash:whistling

4. Lady Day

Lady Day I'll Lock Up Bartender

I have a few in that size range. They are in my private stash. Ill post pics of them soon for ya :)

LD

5. Drappa

Drappa One Too Many

I just saw this picture in the Beer Ad thread and now am desperate to make a dress like this! I don't know how to draft or alter patterns, so does anyone know a pattern like this and could let me know the details? I know it's a pretty simple pattern.

[​IMG]

6. HepKitty

HepKitty One Too Many

it can be a bit of a pain because of the folds in the plastic but if you're careful you'll be fine

never thought to use trash bags for draping, good idea!

7. Wire9Vintage

Wire9Vintage A-List Customer

Does anyone have or has anyone ever seen a Life Magazine dress pattern from 1943? It was designed by Hattie Carnegie and was a mail order pattern from the magazine (selling for 15 cents). An article in the April 12, 1943 Life notes that the actual dress could be purchased from Hattie Carnegie's New York salon for $175 (!!), but cost as little as $5 to make at home.

I'd love to get my hands on that pattern, but not having any luck.

8. kymeratale

kymeratale One of the Regulars

40s shirtwaist dress quest

Oh gosh, I somehow missed checking for replies to this post.

GrrlFriday, that Butterick pattern is pretty close. I do remember looking at it before. hmmm...

Lauren, thanks for the link to oldpatterns.com. That is one of those sites I find overwhelming, thanks for narrowing it down for me. I find the lack of more description or even a larger photo frustrating though. A couple of them look like likely candidates, but I am striking out on the vintage pattern wiki or elsewhere for more info.

SheBear74, thanks for the offer. None of them are quite what I am looking for. Yes, I am being uber-picky about the details, which of course is why I am having trouble finding what I want.

Lottie, oh dear god, I could get lost trolling through patterns on etsy, but that is as good a place as any to look.

All that said, I think I might just order the one from TrashyDiva. I received a major disappointment today, of the "one of my life dreams down the drain" sort. The dress won't make up for it, but it would be a nice consolation prize.

9. deadpandiva

deadpandiva Call Me a Cab

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I need a pattern similar to this. i had a warp skirt pattern but I sold it. :eusa_doh: I also need to know where to find a giant fake flower.

10. deadpandiva

deadpandiva Call Me a Cab

Thanks. The top on that last pattern is perfect.

11. SweetieStarr

SweetieStarr A-List Customer

Butterick 2304 - Wanted badly!

Hello Ladies,

Does anyone have Butterick 2304, size 36 bust? It was on etsy. I "favorited" it and kept looking at it and like an idiot never bought it. Now someone else bought it. I am kicking myself as it was my size and everything. :( :( :( I wanted to make view C. Does anyone have this?

Thanks.

Here are links to view the pattern envelope:
    Etsy sold listing
    Envelope image

12. SayCici

SayCici Practically Family

13. SweetieStarr

SweetieStarr A-List Customer

14. Amie

Amie One of the Regulars

Not our era, but ever since I bought a pair of two toned flats, I've thinking of what they would go with and the 60s buzz hit me again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here's Pattie Boyd with the dress

& another cute 60s dress:
    [​IMG]

15. Lottie

Lottie Familiar Face

I was just wondering, does anyone maybe have the instructions to this pattern?

[​IMG]

16. SayCici

SayCici Practically Family

[​IMG]
    (The right hand picture)
    That's a picture of President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn on their wedding day. I think her dress is really cute, I'd love to find a pattern to recreate her dress and I'm sure that won't be hard to do. It looks like it is drop-waisted, and has a pretty typical 40s cap-sleeve treatment.

17. Marla

Marla A-List Customer

Her dress is super cute! The two-tone bodice is really interesting. Is it made of two layers--a "U" shaped cutout with a white dickey worn underneath?

I don't think it would be difficult to draft something similar by taking a blouse or dress pattern with a high neckline and cutting a "U" in the front, and then making the "U" piece of out of contrasting fabric. Not sure if that would actually piece together well, though. Just an idea!

18. 40'sfetish

40'sfetish Familiar Face

There is a similar pattern on http://www.patternrescue.com/trade/40-50.html Hope that helps

19. 40'sfetish

40'sfetish Familiar Face

I'm also after any of these or the sarong type dresses or a review of the one from scissorhappy. Lol we have a luau supper club swing dance this weekend, and although it's too late to make this I'd still like one