Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pattern WANTED list

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
ok so I don't want to start a new thread for this so I am just going to ask here since it's sort of a sewing question (I'll post this on the pattern thread too) and I'm having absolutly no help searching on here like usual. I am looking for either a vintage or reproduction pattern for 1940s women's overalls.

Back story we are moving a 1870s blacksmith shop from about 30 miles from here to our park and my boss has decided to call me Rosie the de-riviter... he thinks it's funny and I just let he go because well he writes me reviews!!! I asked him if I had to wear the hair wrap and lipstick to which he replied yes... and well I think he would be beyond shocked if I showed up like that!!! As I rarely dress in vintage for work... unless you count when I have to dress 1860s for programs and since I don't like dressign that way I don't count it!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
These overalls from EvaDress have been very popular and come in sizes 14-40. I've made both the overalls and the trousers and it's a great pattern http://www.evadress.com/3322.html
3322PR.jpg

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
These overalls from EvaDress have been very popular and come in sizes 14-40. I've made both the overalls and the trousers and it's a great pattern http://www.evadress.com/3322.html
3322PR.jpg

That is more then likely the pattern I was thinking of and looking for!! Thank you so much!! I knew I had seen a few ladies post pictures of ones they made and was beating my head against the desk trying to find the pictures without having any luck!! I also knew that everytime someone posted some I wanted them and never got around to buying a pattern. Again thank you!!!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to intrude, but do any of you know where I could find a pattern for hollywood waist, or fishtail back trousers? I tried asking over in the General attire section, but we weren't very successful there, and I thought that you all might have a bit more collective knowledge on the matter.

I've never seen a mens pattern with either. But David Page Coffin's book on making trousers has a short section on altering a pattern for a cut-on waistband (like Hollywood trousers), and adding a fishtail shouldn't be too hard an alteration from there. In fact, when I get some fabric for morning-dress trousers, I think I'm going to make them with the back having the cut-on waist and a fishtail back, altered from the EvaDress 1940s trousers. I'll use the same pattern to do a full Hollywood waist as well, which Johnny J. already did.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Mens patterns, other than in cutting diagrams for tailors, are really hard to come by. Especially trousers and jackets.
Eva Dress has a few patterns for 1940s trousers, and perhaps if you did not want to try creating your own patterns from book diagrams you might be able to start with one of these as a base and modify it?
http://www.evadress.com/mens.html

(whoops! Should have read the comment before. But yes, ditto that ;) )

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
1934 summer dress

I'm looking for patterns for a maid of honor dress for my sister's wedding next year. Does anyone know where I might find a similar pattern to the second dress from left shown in this picture of 1934 dresses on Marquise.de? I love the open sleeves and the draped collar! I have a feeling these pics are from a 30s RTW company (and German to boot!), not one of the home sewing pattern companies, so I'm at a loss about where to find a pattern similar to it...

"Embroidered Summer Dresses 1934"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana